texaschad25

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Yep, your right, I'm wrong. Won't work. Won't fit. DARN !!! But.... a determined redneck should be able to take these STH Cones and modify them to make them fit. Has anybody ever modified these to square ends??

Robert Gift

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Federal Signal's 2t22 projectors appear that they went to a lot of trouble to hammer the round cones into the rectangular ends.
Seems that a better design would leave the cones round and shape round cone receivers into the stator.

Hope you can find a way to accomplish the transition.
Any chance of finding 2t22 cones anywhere?

texaschad25

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Yes, I found some and I can't remember now the place that had them but they were going to cost around $600 for 22 of them. There should be a way to hammer these round cones into squares.

Robert Gift

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:09 pm

Well, for $27.27 each, can you make your own?
Sorry they want that much for them.

Robert Gift

Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:25 pm

kx250rider wrote: ... I've always relied on WWV on shortwave radio. I'm closest to the Denver announcement, but we also get Hawaii's tone about 2 seconds later. You can tell the difference between Hawaii and Denver because Denver is always a man, and Hawaii is always a woman.

(WWV is heard on shortwave at 5.000, 10.000, and 15.000)
Charles
There should be no discernable delay between WWV (Ft.Collins, Colorado) and WWVH (Hawaii), unless you are listening via telephone.
Traveling at 186k miles/second, the radio signal should have no audible delay [4/186 of a second].
As I recall, they broadcast their tones alternately. WWV will have no tone behind the ticks while WWVH broadcasts the tones. Then when WWV broadcasts the tones, WWVH is silent except for the ticks.
The tones sound like 500 Hz, (sharp B4) and 600 Hz (sharp D5)
The minute beep sounds like 1000Hz. (B5)

Daniel

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:44 am

I was wondering about the "Lassie" name. Thanks for explaining it. I thought perhaps you had set it to go off whenever Timmy fell into the well (or the sewage lagoon).
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Robert Gift

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:29 am

Daniel wrote:I was wondering about the "Lassie" name. Thanks for explaining it. I thought perhaps you had set it to go off whenever Timmy fell into the well (or the sewage lagoon).
I did establish a protocol if anyone falls into the digester.
I identified and marked the shut-off switch for the the roots blower pumping air into pipes at the bottom of the pool.
The "liquor" (real term!) will become more dense and they will float to the top.
Then the rookies perform rescue and resuscitation.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:20 am

Who's idea was it to mount it on the edge of a digester? thats not a very smart move.

What if the siren itself fell into the digester??? :shock: :shock:

Robert Gift

Sewage siren or Lassie has bad-breath

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:47 am

Gil wrote: Who's idea was it to mount it on the edge of a digester? thats not a very smart move.
Mine!
Gil wrote:What if the siren itself fell into the digester??? :shock: :shock:
Ahhhhh! Don't even THINK such a thing!!

The mobile home stairway landing platform was not sturdy enough.
So I moved it against the metal railing which is embeded into the 8" think concrete disgester walls.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1
The platform legs are against the south railing and tied securely to the metal posts and rails.
The siren is also guy-wired to the rails -two to the rails and one to the fence south of the siren.
So it is out of the way and far more sturdy and than if free standing.

But trying to put cones on is a problem. The cones attached now arc 90 degrees north to east, facing the park.

Sorry I don't yet have a photo. Is the Lt. embarrassed to show this jury-rigging? It is temporary until Lassie is placed on the firestation roof.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”