Dorianelevator
YouTube Username: TheOfficialDorianelevator

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Fri May 10, 2024 11:13 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 am
Argh... Glad to know I'm not the only one who got trolled by that, yesterday they were supposed to test the sirens in Oise too.

I waited, waited.. Not a peep from the Gouvieux siren.. Feeling defeated, I went back home.. I could've gone on foot to Chantilly, but since we got informed that a pretty beastly storm was coming down, I didn't want to take the risk.

Oh and yeah, regarding the storm, might as well add some juicy details: it hit around 21:30, thunder, lightning, the whole stuff... And then it morphed into a nasty hailstorm, before calming down and turning into a plain old thunderstorm round midnight.

Anyways, I'll see in June if I can catch a bus to Chantilly or Lamorlaye and see if they test the sirens there.
too bad for you too, and that storm, well... thats even worse, anyways, the guy selling the R3P dropped the price from 200 to 190€, and i just WANT to buy that thing, like i just want to, so tommorow i might buy it, not today tho.
tho, for Videauban, i raged when i was informed it sounded off even when it was a goddamn holiday, i guess that is what happens when automatic controllers are used for sirens...
also, i found a 12V 8 port Legrand siren on leboncoin for 10€, so when i buy that Demay R3P once and for all (if it works) i will probably also buy that one, which will add up to 200€ which was the original price of the Demay R3P. also as a fun fact, i have a variable DC power supply which i use for powering electronics and testing motors (yes, i have a collection of motors), and since the siren is 12V, i can run it, and in case i want to run it without the adapter, i can just wire it up to a separate 12V power supply.
also, in one youtube video was a siren up in Réville with square horns, according to someone in the comments, the horns were sadly changed to round horns, and then no more info about it, julien boller tried finding it for hours, but couldnt, until today. i found it. I FOUND IT. it was on the back of the city hall, it was a perfect match on the position, yes but why am i saying perfect match about the position and not that i found the siren ??? because the siren was... missing. thats right, in every street view and photo out there, i couldnt spot it, at all, even in a street view from 2009, it was nowhere to be found, that siren must have been removed before 2009, thats too bad, only two photos exist, both are in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZduE8Mt5UP8 and it is photo 11 and maybe photo 12 as well. if you have any more information about Réville, please tell me. also, heres the picture of the perfect match that i found from before, you can compare it with photo 11 of the vid if you want.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm

Réville? No, unfortunately I do not... I was also looking for this one since years, all I got was practically nothing. I haven't gave Google Earth a shot though.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”