trevor229

CD&F Info and Reverse Engineering Progress!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:04 am

Hey everybody, I acquired a smaller yellow box CD&F not too long ago and decided to see if I could retune the receiver onboard for ham/amateur frequencies (Spoiler, I did it!). What that all led to was reverse engineering the entire thing. The article is still being updated by me as I discover new things, but I figured I would share it with you all to read. If anyone has any info on basically anything about the company or the controllers (models, history, manuals, diagrams, etc) please please do let me know via DM or something so I can document it! I found someone else selling the bigger grey controllers with buttons inside and the maxon data radios for not too much, I think I am going to grab one of those to look at as well.

I'm documenting things on the RECESSIM reverse engineering wiki, here's the link https://wiki.recessim.com/view/CD%26F_( ... ontroller)

NahIDee
YouTube Username: jcb19 (formerly AGuyNamedJC)
Discord: somebody2950

Re: CD&F Info and Reverse Engineering Progress!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

I've been waiting for someone to do something like this! Best of luck on it! I've got a large CD&F if you're interested in tackling that.

I've got a 1991 Plectron / Federal Signal SC controller I'm trying to get working; I might be interested in some help with reverse engineering the tone filters since they're all missing.
Greetings from Saint Paul, Nebraska!

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, multiple Penetrators, and two Banshees!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”