William

YouTube Username: CD Sirens NJ
Discord: Miner200

Re: North Jersey Sirens

Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:11 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm
Since we can officially call Morris County North Jersey, here is a list for Morris County (that I have found so far.. in no order):

Stanhope: Red SD-10
Netcong: Rusted STL-10
Mount Olive Township: 2 ACA Alertronic 4000R
Boonton: 2 Federal Model 5
Boonton Township: Federal Fire Siren
Chatham: Federal Model 3 and Gamewell Diaphone
Chester: Yellow STH-10
Pequannock Twp: Pompton Plains and Pequannock #2 both have Federal Model 2
Randolph Township: No Fire Sirens
Rockaway Borough: Horn Array
Rockaway Township: Hibernia has a Model 5, White Meadow Lake has a Model 2, Marcella Has a Model 2 and Birchwood had an STH-10 which has been removed
Roxbury Township: Company 2 and Lower Berkshire Valley both have Model 2 and Succasunna has a Model 2 that gets put on the apparatus for parades but is not a fire siren (Does that count? LOL)
Washington Township: Model 5 at Schooleys Mountain and Long Valley, never been to Fairmount but assume Model 5
Morris Plains: Model 5
Mendham Township: White Federal STH-10
Lake Hopatcong: Red Federal Fire Siren and Silver Model 5
Jefferson Township: Red STH-10 at Milton and Silver Model 5 at the Hopatcong station (not to be confused with Lake Hopatcong)
Mount Arlington: Grey Model 5
New Vernon: Sterling K-2
Denville: Red STL-10
Wharton: White Federal Model 2
Dover: Diaphragm Horns
Picatinny Arsenal: Whelen 2904 sirens
I know that Picatinny Arsenal has a Thunderbolt, but I never knew they have Whelen’s do you know what they are used for? And approximate locations I’m not trying to go there I am just curious because I never knew they did have them.
(Also, I should probably mention that they’re very strict about trespassing so for anyone who wants to go see them at least have permission first)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”