JeroenTheEnthusiast

Possible Klaxon ripoff of a Whelen

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:18 pm

Hey Guys!

Today i was scrolling through some images on Klaxon ES sirens and i was Surprised to see THIS!

(https://trends.directindustry.com/klaxo ... 75910.html)

I was surprised to see something like this, If you look closely, You can see how it looks similar to the Whelen 2900/2800 series. It kind of looks a little like a Whelen 2802/2902 but Painted white. It also looks mildy Similar to a Modulator.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-17 101102.png
Screenshot 2024-01-17 101102.png (317.15 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Siren Enthusiast who owns a Vixen horns air raid siren with a Mini ACA Cyclone 125, a Mini ACA Screamer, And a Mini 2t22. I Also Have a very unhealthy obsession with Traffic lights.

|| = [ ]
||
||-||
||-||
||_____
||===||

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Re: Possible Klaxon ripoff of a Whelen

Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:19 pm

On the electronic siren side of things, Klaxon is actually a reseller of sirens from the company Comtel in Greece. This is one of the products that they produce called the Sound Box Electronic siren, which comes as either a single-emitter siren or a two-emitter unit, which I'll attach below. They are meant to be mini sirens that can be used as a local outdoor PA system or indoor sirens for something like a medium-sized warehouse or large building space. These would primarily compete against something like Kockum Sonics and the SiRcom ET 500 series or the Genasys 360XL-MID series. They more like a miniature version of a Modulator or the Genasys than anything else. The driver is housed in the upper pod and fires down onto the one below it where the sound reflects off of the top and into the surrounding environment. They both sell them as a vehicular siren as shown in the image you shared as well as a drone... I'm not kidding either. Dear Santa :mrgreen:

Image Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphOvgQeHdQ
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

JeroenTheEnthusiast

Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:33 pm

I can see how it competes against a Kockum Sonics ET500. I honestly would wanna get myself one of those siren drones if they were even for sale so i can be the most annoying neighbor in my town :lol:
Siren Enthusiast who owns a Vixen horns air raid siren with a Mini ACA Cyclone 125, a Mini ACA Screamer, And a Mini 2t22. I Also Have a very unhealthy obsession with Traffic lights.

|| = [ ]
||
||-||
||-||
||_____
||===||

Elliottalexa
Probation
Probation
YouTube Username: Sink

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 am

Lol that’s funny :lol:

Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:46 am

The drone slightly reminds me of the concept of having sirens mounted on balloons which was explored during World War I. Obviously the idea was scrapped by the government at the time (although sirens would go on to be used during World War II, albeit mounted on poles and rooves), but it's funny to see it reincarnated in this more modernised form!
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

ThatGuy2020

Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:30 pm

It more looks like an ACA Quadron or FS Modulator, But even then it looks different. This is more just like a standard electric siren. Also that drone thing is super cool and I wanna see that
Greetings from the state that can’t decide if it’s winter or summer!

JeroenTheEnthusiast

Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:49 pm

I guess were gonna start mounting Modulators and Whelens on Drones if mounting sirens on drones become popular :D

|| = [ ]
||
||-||
||-||
||_____
||===||

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”