Greenrid

Old East Lansing, Meridian, & Bath twp. siren locations

Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:15 pm

I know I posted about this before, but I didn't get a lot of answers for it. Anyways, does anyone know how many Thunderbolts East Lansing & The Meridian and Bath area used to have, and when they were installed and removed? I know that most of the Thunderbolts in Meridian and Bath (I'm just going to call it Meridian for now), except for one, were replaced with 2001-130s in 2013.

Here are the past Thunderbolt locations I know of:
-Academic Way
-Upton Road near the Lansing road intersection (Replaced by a 20v2T, which was then replaced by a 2001-130)
-Coleman Road (West end)
-Bath Community Center
-Possibly Webster Road, next to the Bath United Methodist Church
-There might be more I don't know of

I don't know where East Lansing's Thunderbolts used to be or when they were removed and installed, so please let me know if you know!

P.S. Does anyone know why they put a Thunderbolt in the forest area behind the Kinawa Middle School? It's weirded me out ever since I knew about it...
Proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Hoping to get some sirens in the future...

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Re: Old East Lansing, Meridian, & Bath twp. siren locations

Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 am

Greenrid wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:15 pm
I know I posted about this before, but I didn't get a lot of answers for it. Anyways, does anyone know how many Thunderbolts East Lansing & The Meridian and Bath area used to have, and when they were installed and removed? I know that most of the Thunderbolts in Meridian and Bath (I'm just going to call it Meridian for now), except for one, were replaced with 2001-130s in 2013.

Here are the past Thunderbolt locations I know of:
-Academic Way
-Upton Road near the Lansing road intersection (Replaced by a 20v2T, which was then replaced by a 2001-130)
-Coleman Road (West end)
-Bath Community Center
-Possibly Webster Road, next to the Bath United Methodist Church
-There might be more I don't know of

I don't know where East Lansing's Thunderbolts used to be or when they were removed and installed, so please let me know if you know!

P.S. Does anyone know why they put a Thunderbolt in the forest area behind the Kinawa Middle School? It's weirded me out ever since I knew about it...
Hey my area! Well, both of Bath's 2001's replaced thunderbolts, and East Lansing's Bolts were also roughly near where the 2001's are now (except for one at the fire station on campus- which I believe was replaced because the 2001 at the Kellogg and the MOD II on the intersection of Kalamazoo and Harrison were too close. Also, MSU used to test at Monday according to an old post. As for Meridian, they certainly had less thunderbolts, I can imagine they were located at Fire Stations and schools, but I think most other locations are already known.

As for your P. S comment, I think it was just a convenient location farther away from the actual school building

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”