Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

AT&T "Bell and Lights" Civil Defense alert system

Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:46 pm

My friend Evan and I went to the Connections Museum up in Seattle this past weekend to visit for the first time. We were both flabbergasted at what we saw once we had completed the tour, that being both a console unit and a reciever for the AT&T Bell and Lights system that came from the seattle area. Better yet, they were both wired into the No. 1 crossbar switch that the museum has, and were fully operational! I couldn't resist taking a few videos of course, and Evan will have an even better one coming out soon. We soon will hopefully be getting even more info about this system. I cannot understate my excitement.

Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lPh5N2WmqM
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

ACAFan20

Re: AT&T "Bell and Lights" Civil Defense alert system

Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:02 pm

Wow! Im going on a trip to Seattle in March of 2024 so i will try to see if i can stop by and check it out! Nice find btw.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Re: AT&T "Bell and Lights" Civil Defense alert system

Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:16 am

This reminds me of a weird multicolor light setup that was in the Macy's (formerly Dayton's) in downtown Minneapolis before it closed. There were a few of these lights on the ceilings (this one shown was on the top of an escalator) and I was never able to figure out what they were for. These have a green instead of white light but now I'm wondering if they could have been for a system like this.

I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Return to “Videos and Media”