Brendan Ahern

City of Chicago Coverage gaps

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Recently I have made a coverage map for Chicago. I have just about the entire north side finished. I have noticed however, that there have been gaps. In some instances, the sirens were just hard to find and have since been found. But there has always been one stubborn area. It has aggravated me that I have not been able to find the siren. Until today. There was no siren. Today I stopped at menards after work. I usually stop there once a week or so as I am doing a remodel project at home. Well today I get there and at the nearest intersection I see it. A 2001. A series B 2001 with fresh dirt around the pole. The city, after 10 years, closed this coverage gap. There are a few other areas that seem grossly neglected siren wise. I would bet there are at least a few more where this came from. It was not a 2001-130. It was a series B. They probably purchased it over the winter and waited for the ground to thaw and dry out before installing it.

kswx29

Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:52 am

Hey, can you send the Siren Locations for Chicago to my E-mail. I am currently working on siren maps for Kansas City, MO and Hamilton County, OH and other areas as well.
kswx29 (at) cox.net
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Brendan Ahern

Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:57 am

I can send you the locations I have...I dont have all the locations yet. There were 112 as of last month...I dont know how many new 2001's they have put up so I dont know the correct final number.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:43 am

Hey, i'd love to see that map when your done! So far i've only been able
to spot about a dozen of the sirens there. I'd like to know where they all are!

NanSiren

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:00 pm

At Wrigley, where is the Modulator located? Is it kind of on the boundary of CF and LF? I have Major League Baseball 2K6 for PS2 and there is a cylinder with alternating gray stripes there?

Brendan Ahern

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 am

I live down the street from wrigley, I can see the mod from my front room window. Yes, it is where you say it is, however, it is actually across the street from the park. All the ballparks and stadiums have a modulator, along with most of the lakefront.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”