railroader3921

YouTube Username: Railroader3921

Re: The official and updated Missouri Statewide map

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:51 pm

Found another siren that's not on the map. A STL-10 that is part of Steelville's siren network. According to https://www.meramecregion.org/wp-conten ... -Small.pdf the city of steelville has six sirens, and including the STL-10, there are 4 that we know of. A pic I took of it is at - https://ibb.co/4p1N9qM
The STL-10 is located at
37°58'31.85"N
91°21'28.47"W
One of Indianola, Iowa's old RM-127's is currently sitting in my backyard.

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:32 pm

railroader3921 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:51 pm
Found another siren that's not on the map. A STL-10 that is part of Steelville's siren network. According to https://www.meramecregion.org/wp-conten ... -Small.pdf the city of steelville has six sirens, and including the STL-10, there are 4 that we know of. A pic I took of it is at - https://ibb.co/4p1N9qM
The STL-10 is located at
37°58'31.85"N
91°21'28.47"W
Thank you for the location!
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

jacob585

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:33 pm

10/22/2020 Changelog
-More Arkansas Locations Added
-Viburnum Missouri Vortex added
-5th siren in Steelville added
-Eminence and Birch Tree Locations added

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 am

The map is looking absolutely fantastic, but I just want to point out that caution should be used with the word "official." In this context, "official" would indicate that the map was approved or created by a state agency. This map may be by far the most comprehensive that any enthusiast has made, but that doesn't mean it has the authoritative backing that the word "official" implies. Unless you were, in fact, commissioned by a state agency to create it and I just didn't know that.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

jacob585

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 pm

archizackture wrote:
The map is looking absolutely fantastic, but I just want to point out that caution should be used with the word "official." In this context, "official" would indicate that the map was approved or created by a state agency. This map may be by far the most comprehensive that any enthusiast has made, but that doesn't mean it has the authoritative backing that the word "official" implies. Unless you were, in fact, commissioned by a state agency to create it and I just didn't know that.
I put official in it because this is basically the replacement for any other Missouri siren maps. Its the "Official" statewide map because its the most accurate and up to date.

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 am

jacob585 wrote:
archizackture wrote:
I put official in it because this is basically the replacement for any other Missouri siren maps. Its the "Official" statewide map because its the most accurate and up to date.
I totally understand that, and I know that's how the word "official" is commonly used. But that's in fact a common misuse of the word, because the actual, formal, specific meaning of "official" is that it has been endorsed or otherwise created by a relevant authority. Based on the title saying that it's an "official" "statewide" map, it would be logical for someone to assume that this map was published by the State of Missouri, and I would hope that you don't run into trouble from someone who thinks you're posing as the state government. Slim chance, but you never know and for your own protection it's best to consider formalities when choosing titles for things.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

jacob585

Re: The Official And Updated Missouri Statewide Map

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Changelog 10/25/2020
-Remaining Northern Arkansas Border Counties added

SirensOfNewYork

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:17 pm

archizackture wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 am
jacob585 wrote:
archizackture wrote:
I totally understand that, and I know that's how the word "official" is commonly used. But that's in fact a common misuse of the word, because the actual, formal, specific meaning of "official" is that it has been endorsed or otherwise created by a relevant authority. Based on the title saying that it's an "official" "statewide" map, it would be logical for someone to assume that this map was published by the State of Missouri, and I would hope that you don't run into trouble from someone who thinks you're posing as the state government. Slim chance, but you never know and for your own protection it's best to consider formalities when choosing titles for things.
Are there even officially official (if you know what I mean) siren maps? Like issued to the EMA?
~SirensOfNewYork

Amateur HVAC, Siren, Car, Plane, and security and fire alarm enthusiast

My profile photo is not mine. It belongs to the creator of the California siren map.

uncommonsense

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 pm

SirensOfNewYork wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:17 pm
Are there even officially official (if you know what I mean) siren maps? Like issued to the EMA?
Or made by EMAs? Absolutely.

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Missing a T-Bolt at 36.65089, -93.508
------------------------------
Apparently the chat room is haunted... -VASirens 2015
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderboltologist, if such a thing exists.

Return to “Siren Maps”