JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:45 pm

CDV777-1 wrote:
Blah, those are about as fun as watching paint dry
Amen brutha!
I'd hook a manual toggle switch to the RCM Control terminal strip if I didn't have an AR or just run it with the toggles in the RCM before I would go rigging some hokum with a bunch of digital hooey.

About the only "different new" thing I can think of doing with a T-bolt is to rig a 1003 with a custom solenoid controller. Such as a controller where you could program the solenoids to do different signals like both solenoids pulsing on and off to do an all-on and all-off signal or a hi-hi-hi-hi, lo-lo-lo-lo or some nonsense like that.
That "RCM 1.3" schematic I drew up can do just that. In fact, you could do that with a standard RCM 3 with just a couple of extra toggle switches thrown in. The only thing I thin a PLC could do, would be on a 1003, creating custom, off the wall hi-lo signals. but yea, I'd prefer watching the timer cog wheels spin around inside an AR rather than programming something.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Right now, I still just use the key switch that I mounted about 20 feet away. The AR timer is still on my want list, but I might wind up making a reproduction one. I could make it "look real," and I could go to the local electronics junk store and buy some sort of clock motor and mount microswitches, and rig it up to do an on-x seconds+off-x seconds as long as I hold the button.

I would also be interested in setting it up with phone control, or even internet control. That way, I could drive to other locations and see if/how loudly I can hear it :P

TOO many projects, and not enough time!

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”