3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

my recent siren recordings

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:15 am

just uploaded onto my putfile account.

this month's siren test from my front yard with activation. Sirens heard, station 141's 3T22 and Tunnel Rd's single toned 2, and possibily station 441s 12 port 5. The morse code heard in the beginning of the recording was over another town's police frequency. The siren activation is the DTMF you hear 3 seconds before the sirens sound (I only cought the last 3 rounds of it as the scanner was scanning at the time) http://media.putfile.com/Vernon-June-6th-siren-test

the 10HP STH-10 at Enfield's North Thompsonville fire district's HQ, sounding for a fire call. This was recorded from 2 blocks away at my friends house. NOTE: I also accidently recoded their neighbor's 4 dogs barking and howling (they constantly bark at the slightest sound I can't stand those dogs and neither can my friends), and my scanner which I forgot to turn down (sorry about that). NOTE: I missed the 1st cycle, I was trying to get out their backdoor, and couldn't get the lock to work right. http://media.putfile.com/Enfield-North- ... -fire-call

I also have a recording of last month's test recorded from my backyard. One with the 3T22 and the sick 5, and another of the 2 being manually tested. I'll upload those tomorrow. In the mean time enjoy

Rheems1

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:01 pm

Two great recordings!! In the second clip we get to hear some Plectron trailing tone love....no one around here uses the Plectron trailing tones so it was a real joy to hear!! Trailing tones are like the end tones, they used to be called wake up tones because at the end of all of the tones.. they would put the trailing tone which would "wake you up". Here is a good, classic example of tone set with this same Plectron trailing tone: http://www.morgancomm.com/posts/gfd/Greenlawntone.wav Nice to hear... shame though those dogs wouldn't shut up through the recording!

Dave

PhRed

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 pm

Question on the first recording (Excellent BTW...) ;

If I'm correct in assuming that the higher pitched siren is the 3t, I am able to hear only its lower tone, which sounds like a dual tone octave. Is it therefore safe for me to say that it needs maintenance? Or is it that the outdoor acoustics don't allow me to hear the higher note?

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:13 am

Rheems1 wrote:Two great recordings!! In the second clip we get to hear some Plectron trailing tone love....no one around here uses the Plectron trailing tones so it was a real joy to hear!! Trailing tones are like the end tones, they used to be called wake up tones because at the end of all of the tones.. they would put the trailing tone which would "wake you up". Here is a good, classic example of tone set with this same Plectron trailing tone: http://www.morgancomm.com/posts/gfd/Greenlawntone.wav Nice to hear... shame though those dogs wouldn't shut up through the recording!

Dave
Is that what those tones are used for? The local FD here still uses those Plectron tones but is on UHF hi-band. Annoying, but it will wake you up!

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:56 am

PhRed wrote:Question on the first recording (Excellent BTW...) ;

If I'm correct in assuming that the higher pitched siren is the 3t, I am able to hear only its lower tone, which sounds like a dual tone octave. Is it therefore safe for me to say that it needs maintenance? Or is it that the outdoor acoustics don't allow me to hear the higher note?
Yes the higher toned siren you hear is the 3T22, for some reason possibily do to a stuck damper the lower tone stands out more. The other siren you hear is the single toned 2, which does one extra cycle after the 3T22 winds down.
shame though those dogs wouldn't shut up through the recording!
I was not happy when I got into the backyard and those dogs started barking and howling.
In the second clip we get to hear some Plectron trailing tone love....no one around here uses the Plectron trailing tones so it was a real joy to hear!!
I'm glad you liked it Dave. I'll rtry to get some recordings of the other VFDs around here that still use it. Also now that I've finally figured out the frequency the sirens are activated on, I'll make a recording next month with the full activation.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”