FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Re: Post Your Siren Maps Here!

Sat May 04, 2019 4:28 am

A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

Allenorgan42099

Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Nice map! I have some info for you: there is a red Model 5/7 on top of the old Springfield FD in town (now a garage I think), and there is an Eclipse 8 on the hill above the Romney FD, although it may have been moved because it was subject to a lot of complaints and even legal action from the neighbors. The 3T22 in Sharpsburg, MD was taken down last year and donated to a nearby FD ( I don't remember which). My uncle has a place in Points, so I'm familiar with some of these sirens.

Allenorgan42099

Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm

archizackture wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:06 pm
I have made a siren map of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia (and vicinity, since there's some cool rare sirens right across the state line). It would be awesome to expand it to the whole state, so if there's any other West Virginians here, let me know!
I used the same color coding as the Pennsylvania siren map (which was an inspiration for this), and I added gray for a removed siren, brown where the current presence of a siren is unsure, and green where a siren is known to be but is of indeterminate make/model.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 999998&z=9
Nice map! I have some info for you: there is a red Model 5/7 on top of the old Springfield FD in town (now a garage I think), and there is an Eclipse 8 on the hill above the Romney FD, although it may have been moved because it was subject to a lot of complaints and even legal action from the neighbors. The 3T22 in Sharpsburg, MD was taken down last year and donated to a nearby FD ( I don't remember which). My uncle has a place in Points, so I'm familiar with some of these sirens.

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 am

Allenorgan42099 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm
archizackture wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:06 pm
I have made a siren map of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia (and vicinity, since there's some cool rare sirens right across the state line). It would be awesome to expand it to the whole state, so if there's any other West Virginians here, let me know!
I used the same color coding as the Pennsylvania siren map (which was an inspiration for this), and I added gray for a removed siren, brown where the current presence of a siren is unsure, and green where a siren is known to be but is of indeterminate make/model.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 999998&z=9
Thank you so much for this information! I will update the map accordingly. Shame about Sharpsburg's 3T22. Much of Berkeley County has been removing their sirens; the M-10 at Inwood is gone, the Screamer in Hedgesville is gone, the Darley 3V8 on Mountain Lake Road is gone, all in the last year or so.

With Google slowly expanding and improving street view throughout the state, I'm thinking about expanding the map even more. I found an STL-10 across the river from Morgantown (and I believe I may have heard it during an event at WVU).
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 am

If anyone knows one of the editors of the New York state siren map, I have a revision. The mystery siren in Danby, NY is an STL-10.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

JackT2356
YouTube Username: BNSF Lover

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Here are my siren maps of La Crosse County, Wisconsin. One of the current system and another with the old original sirens.

Current System: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 95399&z=10

Original System:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 84391&z=12
Jack Tischer
Siren and train enthusiast in West Central WI.
I currently own a FS Thunderbolt 1000AT and a FS Model 2-220.
My YouTube Channel
Sirens of La Crosse County, WI Map

Miguel Rodriguez

YouTube Username: Miguel Rodriguez

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am

This is a siren map of Vineland NJ. It took me a long time to find sirens. Im not sure this is 100% of all sirens in Vineland, but here you go.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=e ... 51863&z=13
Miguel

Proud owner of a Vixen VXS-4006

Sirensofsouthdakota
YouTube Username: Sirens of South dakota
Discord: Johnny Knoxville

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:37 am

ozule
New User
YouTube Username: ozule

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:24 am

This is the map of my hometown, some intresting sirens there for sure!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit? ... 00062&z=12

Tbolt1993
New User
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt 1993
Discord: Takarati#9111

Thu May 07, 2020 2:13 am

My Indiana Siren Map.

i corrected (and still am correcting) some sirens such as the ones in Scottsburg, IN (which are incorrectly mapped on other maps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IARo- ... sp=sharing
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Return to “Siren Maps”