Matt Hackler
YouTube Username: Matt Hackler

Montgomery Alabama sirens,

Sat May 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Does anyone have or know where I can find the siren locations in Montgomery AL? On the siren archive there is 1 picture of a Thunderbeam near the I-65 and Highway 82 interchange. It's been replaced by a Whelen. I've not been able to find a list on the City or County government websites and was wandering if anyone knew of any other sirens.

Matt,
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

ThunderboltFreak

Sat May 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Sorry but no. I can in fact help you with the sirens in Birmingham, AL. I live there lol. :lol:
Assistant Store Manager at GameStop.

Bama2001

Sun May 20, 2007 2:56 am

Yea I took the picture of the thunderbeam and it was replaced with a 4004. There is a thunderbolt on top of a school off of I-65 and another whelen on the campus as well. Those are the only two that I know of sorry. Prattville is right up the road and they have a system of thunderbeams and 2001's.
Chris

Matt Hackler

Sun May 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Well the reason I've been wanting them is because I've been plotting them on Windows Live Local. So far I've plotted Indianapolis IN, Columbus OH, parts of Memphis TN, and parts of Cincinatti OH. Those are the big cities atleast. You can zoom into street level and identify exactly what the siren is. Other cities that you can zoom into that I've not yet plotted are Montgomery, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Kansas City KS, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Chicago, and Milwaukee. I'm not sure why you can zoom into some cities but not others. Like you can't zoom into Dallas but you can Fort Worth. Anyway that's why I was wanting the locations. I'll see if I can find some find a couple more sirens using those locations.
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

Matt Hackler

Sun May 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Actually ThunderboltFreak101 I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on Birmingham?s locations. The Birmingham and Jefferson County websites have provided little information and I just found out you could zoom into Birmingham at street level. Montgomery will remain a mystery.

kswx29

Mon May 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Matt Hackler wrote:Well the reason I've been wanting them is because I've been plotting them on Windows Live Local. So far I've plotted Indianapolis IN, Columbus OH, parts of Memphis TN, and parts of Cincinatti OH. Those are the big cities atleast. You can zoom into street level and identify exactly what the siren is. Other cities that you can zoom into that I've not yet plotted are Montgomery, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Kansas City KS, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Chicago, and Milwaukee. I'm not sure why you can zoom into some cities but not others. Like you can't zoom into Dallas but you can Fort Worth. Anyway that's why I was wanting the locations. I'll see if I can find some find a couple more sirens using those locations.
Do you have all of the Siren locations for Kansas City? I have All for the City of Kansas City, MO and Johnson County, KS...I just don't have the rest for Platte, Clay, Jackson counties and Wyandotte County/KCK
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Bama2001

Mon May 21, 2007 6:17 pm

There is a thunderbolt on city hall in downtown birmingham, and a whelen wps 2803 on the side of a lightpole at the uab soccer field. Oh and there's a 2001 on top of UAB. Those are the one's a can remember seeing. Sorry I don't have the exact addresses
Chris

TornadoSirenFan

Mon May 21, 2007 11:25 pm

i live in montgomery, al....i know all locations of all sirens there

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”