Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Re: Fantasy Siren Map Challenges!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 am

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kIbcx ... sp=sharing

Here's my new submission!

Maverick County decided to put up T-128's, some T-121's and T-112's when ASC won the bid. However; in a surprise move, the city of Eagle Pass decided to add some Whelen 2804's for voice capabilities in parks and schools. This hindered plans to add sirens and the planned county sirens were cut from the budget. The county sirens are tested on the first Wednesday of every month at Noon CST for 3 minutes in alert. The Eagle Pass sirens are tested every Wednesday at 11:00 AM in short alert and voices in English and Spanish.
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Spencerlovestrains wrote:

Maverick County decided to put up T-128's, some T-121's and T-112's when ASC won the bid. However; in a surprise move, the city of Eagle Pass decided to add some Whelen 2804's for voice capabilities in parks and schools. This hindered plans to add sirens and the planned county sirens were cut from the budget. The county sirens are tested on the first Wednesday of every month at Noon CST for 3 minutes in alert. The Eagle Pass sirens are tested every Wednesday at 11:00 AM in short alert and voices in English and Spanish.
Were 112s made then?? Fact check needed
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 am

Phone Goat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 pm
Spencerlovestrains wrote:

Were 112s made then?? Fact check needed
Yes they existed at the time.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 am

Here is my submission:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kWp8E ... sp=sharing

In 1997, Maverick County got bids from the following companies: Federal Signal with the Siratone and 2001, ASC with the T135AC and OM120, and Whelen with the 4004 and 2800 series. The winning bid was ASC, and they had T135ACs, OM120s, and a single OM117 installed.

The sirens go off in Alert for testing, Attack for shelter indoors (severe weather, etc.), and the Fire signal for evacuation (this will be activated per zone).
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 am

@4J25 Who was the winner?
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 am

*Whistles, whistles, waits for next challenge*
*Takes a look at the calendar*

Darn, this Sunday I'll head back to the boarding school! Here goes it, nearing the end of Eid break.

May I know when's the next challenge? Hopefully before this Sunday.
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Welp, that sure took a while. In all honesty, I totally forgot about this! Hopefully once I get back into the cycle of doing these regularly, that won't happen. Anyways, on to the winners of FSMC #12:

1st place: TBoyer1999
2nd place: Tyler
3rd place: Spencerlovestrains

Congratulations to the winners and congratulations to all for some great maps! Expect another challenge soon.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm

FSMC #13:

Marshall County, Tennessee. It's late March in 2012. Earlier in the month, a devastating tornado outbreak ripped through the south and midwest, with the states of Kentucky and Tennessee being hit the hardest. Multiple tornado warnings were issued for Marshall County, and while they were broadcast on NOAA Weather Radio and EAS, many residents reported that their cell phones did not warn them of the impending danger. With this info, Marshall County decided it was time to supplement their Reverse-911 system with an audible outdoor warning siren system. Your company, Cumberland Communications LLC, is contracted for the job. The city has utility trucks at the ready for installation, but they are awaiting your skills to plan out their siren system and choose the right kind of siren. What do they want? Something loud, and coverage of all densely populated areas. There is no budget. That really leaves it up to you for interpretation, and you could go a lot of ways with this. Have fun!

This challenge is due by 5:00 PM ET on Friday, July 20th.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm

4J25 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm
FSMC #13:

Marshall County, Tennessee. It's late March in 2012. Earlier in the month, a devastating tornado outbreak ripped through the south and midwest, with the states of Kentucky and Tennessee being hit the hardest. Multiple tornado warnings were issued for Marshall County, and while they were broadcast on NOAA Weather Radio and EAS, many residents reported that their cell phones did not warn them of the impending danger. With this info, Marshall County decided it was time to supplement their Reverse-911 system with an audible outdoor warning siren system. Your company, Cumberland Communications LLC, is contracted for the job. The city has utility trucks at the ready for installation, but they are awaiting your skills to plan out their siren system and choose the right kind of siren. What do they want? Something loud, and coverage of all densely populated areas. There is no budget. That really leaves it up to you for interpretation, and you could go a lot of ways with this. Have fun!

This challenge is due by 5:00 PM ET on Friday, July 20th.
It's times like this when I wish the EOWS*612 was still around, because I would go crazy with Mod IIs, 612s, and custom UltraVoice preferences.

Edit:
Screw it, this is a fantasy and I can do whatever.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Allertorguy02
YouTube Username: ThatRandomGuy02

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Here is mine! A little sloppy, but you have to start somewhere. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 25783&z=10

Return to “Siren Maps”