Luke
YouTube Username: CentralPASirens

Re: The "Various Sirens" series and others

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:10 am

tionstav wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:31 am
Their is a scout reservation in Pennsylvania called "Hawk Mountan Scout Reservation". I used to go their as a boy scout. The camp is covered by three old federal Signal Model L's on a telephone pole next to the camp office. Heard them sound twice in my life.

They sound alert for severe weather and attack for "Fire and other emergency's"
Awesome! As a Pennsylvanian and former Boy Scout myself, that's certainly an interesting find to me! I'll try and locate them and add them to the PA map.
Edit: Do you have any pictures of them? I'm having difficulty pinning down the exact location.
Welcome to Pennsylvania, where test days are few and far between. However, where there is one, you can find the recordings here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiIF1 ... q5mZXtMDnw

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 am

I want to drop a few updates in for the Georgia siren map. Augusta is actually going through with their decision to add four new sirens in the city. They will be located at he McBean Community Center, Diamond Lakes, Warren Road and May Park. (http://www.wjbf.com/news/csra-news/augu ... 1066524964) The model of these sirens are unknown, however they will be electronic and voice capable.

Here's a map of MCLB-Abany's system. There's at least one Eaton WAVES HPS-7/8108-R located in the supply area of the base as well as what appeared to be a MadahCom branded WAVES/SiRcom siren; it was kind of hard to tell, but it appeared to have a slightly smaller box from the road in front of the base. The trees were all blown over and destroyed from the tornado last year, so you could see across the whole area. The tornado must have destroyed the other siren that ended up being replaced. The rest are various size Cooper branded WAVES HPSA-3100 series sirens. The older ones had SiRcom horns, while the newer ones indicated on the map have the WAVES logos cast into their sides. Apparently this system is tested weekly. I assume it's silent tests. They audibly sound for drills. Tornado warnings are all prerecorded. As for terrorist, active shooter, forced entry, etc. it's unknown if they use the tone generators or not. They used the tone on them prior to the system expansion from what I can tell.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 78308&z=14

The Naval Submarine Base in Kings Bay has a system of MadahCom and Copper WAVES sirens. A bunch of them were installed prior to 2007, so they are, or at least were, SiRcom based MadahCom sirens and the first confirmed ones in the Deep South. They audibly sound for drills. No info on their testing policies or what tones/voice they use.

Since both bases expanded their systems after Cooper transitioned from using the SiRcom panels to their own, it's unknown if these were front panel upgraded at some point. Eaton also no longer supplies the radios in their older sirens, which is why they dropped the 3100 series. While they still support these sirens they require the customers to upgrade their radio/hardware/software suits to a newer hybrid system. All of their newer sirens are either radio or IP based now.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 89161&z=14
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

ITSNOAH360
YouTube Username: ITSNOAH360

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:04 pm

In Rockville, VA there is a Model 3 and on top of the Va hospidal just south of richmond
I am a proud owner of a FS Model A & 2 Thor Guard Lightning Siren Horns

Here you can view my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmDjo ... X099AYliLQ

They call me the king of Thor Guards.

Luke
YouTube Username: CentralPASirens

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 pm

*PSA*
A little while back, I became a member of the PA team. Since then, PeachtreeSirens and myself have been working on adding to and revamping that map to the current format. Since I have at least 300-400 points left, the entire project likely won't be finished for at least a couple months. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to get in touch with Calvin or myself. Thanks!
-Luke
Welcome to Pennsylvania, where test days are few and far between. However, where there is one, you can find the recordings here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiIF1 ... q5mZXtMDnw

STK-10

YouTube Username: Thundertrain2930

Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 am

The Allertor in Midland, PA is decapitated. I hate 2001-130s, man.
Here's my youtube
Hoping to explore all of Pennsylvania and states surrounding PA for sirens,

Wait hold up Chrysler, who made Big Red made Decots?

ACAAllertorManiac
YouTube Username: AllertorSiren05

Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Have you considered A New York Map? There are tons of awesome sirens in that state and you would have fun making it. I have tons of locations in my head as well and I could help you

flatlandsparky

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:00 am

Buffalo Gap South Dakota has a shroudless Federal Model 2 on their old Fire Hall on 2nd St. Oral has a Darley Model 2 on road 2H, east of the Village, just south of Road 2. It is mounted barely above ground, next to a tower. Smithwick has two Model D's, pole mounted, next to the Fire Station on road 2.

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:48 pm

In South Dakota, Valley Springs has 2 Thunderbolt 1003s and a 2001-130, Castlewood has a 3T22, Mobridge has a 2/3T22 at a gas station and Garden City has a 3T22 and a Thunderbolt 1003.

insertusernamehere94

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:27 pm

The California map is missing the modulators at the Exxon Mobil plant in Torrance

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Georgia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and California are very well done other than those missing MODs.

Return to “Siren Maps”