JCRGH

Re: Tbolt Battery Backup Market

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:16 pm

even if they were tested every 2 weeks or something like that, the blower would take most of the energy. The chopper isn't that powerful, in fact you could probably run a model 2 on batteries and it would last for a while.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 pm

JCRGH wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 pm
it theoretically could be done but it would cost alot of money and the batteries would last at most, for a month.
You are forgetting that most battery-backup units are equipped with a rectifier to run the unit off the power grid when power is available, and automatically switch to battery power when that power fails. This means that the batteries would last just as long as the ones on a 2001 or 508. However, a unit running on solar power with batteries would definitely have a shorter life span, but theoretically it shouldn't be too far off from normal usage from a 2001 or 508. It would put a little more stress on the batteries from draining them more than the other models, but it should work.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

JCRGH

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am

I completely forgot that sirens could do that. Then yea it could last it would just put more stress on the batteries, thought the batteries may have a shorter overall lifespan, like maybe after a few years the batteries may no longer hold a charge.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm

JCRGH wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am
I completely forgot that sirens could do that. Then yea it could last it would just put more stress on the batteries, thought the batteries may have a shorter overall lifespan, like maybe after a few years the batteries may no longer hold a charge.
Well if I’m not mistaken, those deep cycle batteries on those sirens are rated for 5 years of use. However, this can be dependent on how they are used.

A golf course golf cart normally gets 2 years out of them with constant use.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”