Welcome to the Siren Board! 3.3.6

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
By Tyler
Allertorguy02 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm
Tyler wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:53 am
Allertorguy02 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 am
What about an AR5 or AF5?
They aren't too special. They just cycle for 5 minutes instead of 3 on the standard AR and AF.
Are those more uncommon?
They are, but im pretty sure that you can modify a normal one to do 5 minute cycles.
By Model L
most af timers iirc use an alert cam for the fire signal with a flasher unit in one of the rcms.
By JasonC
I'm an electrician and live on the OBX, I could stop by one day and see what you have and get your siren going from there if you would like.
By Daniel
Fast wail was invented for the 2001 series and, as far as I know, not a feature of the AR/AF series. Many older sirens cannot react fast enough for fast wail to make a distinct signal.
By Tyler
Daniel wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:19 am
Fast wail was invented for the 2001 series and, as far as I know, not a feature of the AR/AF series. Many older sirens cannot react fast enough for fast wail to make a distinct signal.
Actually this was a feature of the older units. If you look at the manual and specs for the AR/F, you will notice that it's capable of 3 on and 3 off, and Federal did offer a cam that did this.
AR-AF_Timer_Cam.png
AR-AF_Timer_Cam.png (47.74 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Here is a video of a 3T22 using the fast wail cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZnPbEyPAo
By jacob585
Tyler wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 am
Daniel wrote:
Actually this was a feature of the older units. If you look at the manual and specs for the AR/F, you will notice that it's capable of 3 on and 3 off, and Federal did offer a cam that did this.

AR-AF_Timer_Cam.png

Wait doesn't that mean it would be doing Hi-lo-fast-wail
By Tyler
jacob585 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am
Tyler wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 am
Daniel wrote:

AR-AF_Timer_Cam.png

Wait doesn't that mean it would be doing Hi-lo-fast-wail
Kinda sorta. Hi Lo fast wail would better be described as continuous solenoid duty while the motor is pulsing on and off.

6CcGKYuaiyE This is one of the sirens that was […]

A Thunderbolt Question

With all due respect, what brand paint thinner wer[…]

Sirens of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone in the area of […]

They are relatively uncommon to find out in the wi[…]