Luke
YouTube Username: CentralPASirens

Re: Fantasy Siren Map Challenges!

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Here's my submission: https://goo.gl/vZKCcX

After the deadly EF-3 Tornado that tore through Ensley and Ferry Pass, Florida, Escambia County installed a system of 87 ASC sirens (47 I-Force 3200's and 44 T-128's), as well as two Modulator 5020's at UWF, one at Pensacola Christian College, and a 6048 at Pensacola State College. The activation policy is as follows:

Severe Thunderstorm Warning- Alert (Plus a voice message from the electronic sirens)
Tornado Warning- Attack
Other Emergencies (Such as a hurricane)- T-128's will do fast wail, Electronic sirens will give a voice message instructing citizens on what action to take, followed by Hi-lo (or pulse for an attack of any sort)

Tests are conducted on the first Monday of every month in 90 seconds of alert (weather permitting).
Welcome to Pennsylvania, where test days are few and far between. However, where there is one, you can find the recordings here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiIF1 ... q5mZXtMDnw

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi, sorry for interpretting... I'd like to join the challenge, and I'd like to give a map suggestion. This time is in Shah Alam, Malaysia, where NOT even a siren stood there.
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi, sorry for interpretting... I'd like to join the challenge, and I'd like to give a map suggestion. This time is in Shah Alam, Malaysia, where NOT even a siren stood there.
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

Luke
YouTube Username: CentralPASirens

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Unfortuneately, the creator of the challenges (4J25) has decided to stop them since the amount of submissions were low.
Welcome to Pennsylvania, where test days are few and far between. However, where there is one, you can find the recordings here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiIF1 ... q5mZXtMDnw

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Luke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:29 pm
Unfortuneately, the creator of the challenges (4J25) has decided to stop them since the amount of submissions were low.
Um, he never said that, so....
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:34 am

Aaaaaaand... We're back!

FSMC #12

The year is 1997. Jarrell, TX has been decimated by an F-5 tornado. Lakeway, an F-4. Cedar Park, an F-3. Maverick County, TX (NOT Jarrell!) has taken notice of the destruction taking place in it's far-east neighbors, and realize that they too are under a tornado threat. 1998 rolls around, and they decide it's time to prepare. Plans are drawn out for an early warning siren system. The supplier in question? Central Texas Warning Solutions (that's you!), ironically based out of Cedar Park. The city comes to you, requesting a county-wide warning siren system, covering densely populated areas as well as smaller towns. They request nothing other than that, so really any company/siren is game. Installation is set to take place on June 16, 1998, so you have until Saturday at noon to submit your map!
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

TBoyer1999

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Here is my map. Let me know if it doesn't work. I do plan on making some minor tweaks to the map throughout the week. Siren pin icons courtesy of 4J25: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ahuPk ... sp=sharing

In the wake of the devastating tornadoes, Maverick County requested for Central Texas Warning Solutions to install an outdoor warning siren system. They happily accepted their request and went right to work. CTWS contacted 3 companies that were more than willing to provide the sirens (American Signal, Federal Signal, and Sentry). Eventually, CTWS chose Sentry Siren, recognizing the success and reliability of their omnidirectional sirens.

The sirens will be strategically placed in cities, towns, and other populated areas in Maverick County. As well, there will be a siren at the Comanche Ranch Airport that will go off to alert airport personnel of emergencies.

Below is some detailed information on siren testing and use:

Testing:
- Every 1st Tuesday at 11 AM: 1 Minute of Alert and 1 Minute of Attack
- Every Other Tuesday at 11 AM: Growl
NOTE: Any testing will be canceled if severe weather is expected that day.

The sirens will sound in three minutes of alert for the following:
- Severe Thunderstorm Warnings issued for 70+ mph winds and/or 1.5+ inch hail
- Tornado Warnings
- Flash Flood Warnings

The sirens will sound in three minutes of attack for any other emergency, such as an attack warning or hazmat warning.
Siren and railroad enthusiast

Residing in Silver Lake, Indiana, home of two FS 2001-130s and a mystery siren.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:04 am

After a one hour conference with Maverick County EMA, our company settled on installing 15 new warning sirens. All sirens are rotating beacons with voice capable Federal model EOWS 612 sirens in the urban areas and mechanical model 2001-SRN sirens in rural areas. There is a total of 10 EOWS 612 sirens and 5 2001-SRN sirens.

The electronic sirens are programmed to play Westminster Chimes everyday at 12PM sharp.

For testing, all electronic sirens cycle a "Testing" voice message before all units activate in the Alert signal for 3 minutes. Units then pause for 30 seconds before resuming in a 3 minute Wail signal. Testing will be conducted on the first Wednesday of the month at 10AM. If weather conditions are poor, testing will be rescheduled to the next Wednesday.

For warnings, all sirens activate in the Wail signal. Units may go off multiple times during warnings. Electronic units will cycle between voice messages and the Wail signal, with the Wail signal activating before voice messages. This is to ensure that everyone gets the message that this isn't a test and the voice messages will clarify further if anyone has doubts.

For all clear, all sirens activate in the Alert signal for 1 minute. Electronic units will also cycle an "All Clear" voice message during this time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iXOND ... 2_g19-AN6J
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Here's Mine!

The county went with the cheapest bid - ATI. However, they installed the rather rare and newer technology HPSS-32R. They play Westminster chimes and voice for tests, in English and Spanish, and for weather events, a voice announcement is broadcast, and then a custom tone from the county (600Hz) is played for three minutes. The sirens are controlled by Central Dispatch and are tested every Saturday at 12:00 PM in Voice and Westminster chimes.

All voice announcements are in English and Spanish

Siren 4 would experience a controller meltdown shortly after being installed in 1998, so a custom controller with the 600Hz tone pre-programmed into the logic board would be installed, the controller made by a local electronics dealer. Over time, every siren except siren 2 would have this new controller installed. The other controllers would glitch out or randomly sound off at night. An extra controller for Site 2 is ready to replace the ATI RTU.

Oh, and the reason I used this manufacturer and model is because A. It's new & different and B. It's the only cropped placemark I have. I got it off Discord.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dxSH2 ... sp=sharing
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:33 am

Welp I guess before I leave I shall participate. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit? ... 755372&z=4 The main System was installed in 2000 because the Cedar Park Distrubuter was stock was damaged in the tornado so the system installation was dellayed. The 2001 SRN Gen 1 and 2s were installed in 2000-2002. the gen 3s were installed in late 2004-2006.
The Federal Signal Model 2s were installed from 2009-2012.
There was an older Cold War system in place for Eagle Pass, Rosita North, and Rosita south. Most of the sirens were replaced and two were abandoned in place. the got a CD system to warn incase of an attack on Laughlin Air Force Base. For Severe Storm warnings they do alert, For tornado warnings they do attack, and for Floods Fast wail. The system was finished upgrading completely in 2012. PS around that time the DCs and SRNs were no longer sold. but the reason the first ones are DCs is because they could not afford any nearby dealers so they bought out the unsold stock that was left from Cedar Park Distributor.
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Return to “Siren Maps”