Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Sterling N5, or N10
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Missouri1000Tfan

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Does anybody know what kind of siren this is? //photos.app.goo.gl/pMm5UxPXhbmhCLoE2 Location: S Main St & S 4th St, Jasper, MO

jgardner48

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Missouri1000Tfan wrote:
Does anybody know what kind of siren this is? //photos.app.goo.gl/pMm5UxPXhbmhCLoE2 Location: S Main St & S 4th St, Jasper, MO
I Don't think that is a siren, motor looking thing is to short
Last edited by jgardner48 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Missouri1000Tfan wrote:
It looks like one of those German 3-port sirens... but the motor seems too small
Screenshot_6.png
Possible stator ports
Screenshot_6.png (150.47 KiB) Viewed 5906 times
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Modified Darley Champion.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 am

Definitely a Darley "Helmet". The part between the pole mount and top is a dead giveaway.
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Arteelx

Heard, But Not Seen

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:12 am

I keep hearing this siren near my house, and I am unable to determine what it is or where it's coming from. It goes off at completely random times, usually about once every other day. I'm guessing that it's for some volunteer fire department in my town or a neighboring town, but I've been unable to confirm that. Today, I was fortunate enough to be outside when it went off, so I grabbed my phone and started recording the audio. When I analyze the recording, a few interesting things show up. First, this appears to be a single-tone siren that has a frequency of approximately 470 Hz. But when it spools down, I can see that the steady tone actually persists for a second or two in unison with the spool-down tone, which seems impossible to me. Please see the attached picture of my analysis. Does anybody know what kind of siren this might be? If I know the type, perhaps that will help me to find out where it's located and what it's used for.
Attachments
Weird_Siren.jpg
Weird_Siren.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
2T22 or not 2T22...THAT is the question.

BritishCyclone125
YouTube Username: Dominated!

Re: Heard, But Not Seen

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 am

Arteelx wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:12 am
I keep hearing this siren near my house, and I am unable to determine what it is or where it's coming from. It goes off at completely random times, usually about once every other day. I'm guessing that it's for some volunteer fire department in my town or a neighboring town, but I've been unable to confirm that. Today, I was fortunate enough to be outside when it went off, so I grabbed my phone and started recording the audio. When I analyze the recording, a few interesting things show up. First, this appears to be a single-tone siren that has a frequency of approximately 470 Hz. But when it spools down, I can see that the steady tone actually persists for a second or two in unison with the spool-down tone, which seems impossible to me. Please see the attached picture of my analysis. Does anybody know what kind of siren this might be? If I know the type, perhaps that will help me to find out where it's located and what it's used for.
Might be a Whelen 2X00.
Seen a: KM Europ, small Klaxon siren and a Gents' of Leicester "ahooga" horn.
Also a big fan of both Apollo and Protec fire alarms.

Arteelx

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Might be a Whelen 2X00.
Thanks for your help! I'm trying to research the Whelen 2X00, and I can't find that specific model name anywhere (even on Whelen's website). What would Whelen call that particular siren?
2T22 or not 2T22...THAT is the question.

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Arteelx wrote:I keep hearing this siren near my house, and I am unable to determine what it is or where it's coming from. It goes off at completely random times, usually about once every other day. I'm guessing that it's for some volunteer fire department in my town or a neighboring town, but I've been unable to confirm that. Today, I was fortunate enough to be outside when it went off, so I grabbed my phone and started recording the audio. When I analyze the recording, a few interesting things show up. First, this appears to be a single-tone siren that has a frequency of approximately 470 Hz. But when it spools down, I can see that the steady tone actually persists for a second or two in unison with the spool-down tone, which seems impossible to me. Please see the attached picture of my analysis. Does anybody know what kind of siren this might be? If I know the type, perhaps that will help me to find out where it's located and what it's used for.
The tone that persists in you recording is more than likely reverb from a hill or some other structure that the sound can bounce off of. It could also be coming from another siren in the area, but if it's a small town I doubt it. As far as pitch it's impossible to tell what kind of siren is making the tone. My knee-jerk reaction would be a 508 or Equinox since they commonly run at around that pitch, but tons of other sirens can hit that pitch too from the Model 2 and 5 all the way up to the Tempest series and older Whelens.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Mystery Sirens”