Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Siratone Westminster Chime Question

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:32 am

Yes josh (vertum) and i took a couple of videos of it but most of them are just audio only, here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyA_bCzZYnY (siren sounds in single tone even though the controller is dual tone, it was not working properly due to bad caps and pots.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgPyJSK9bFk (controller with all 7 signals but without speaker head hooked up.)

also on a side note, here is a link to one of the fernald eows 1212s that used the eows * controls located in hamilton county. https://www.thesirenboard.com/forums/vi ... php?t=6852
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

adam759
New User

Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 am

Hello Eeyoreluvsme,

I was wondering, do you know what cabinet models have which TM12 module? I have been hunting for quite some time for a module or cabinet that has the full chime sequence, the older TM-12 rev.a as you said. So do you know which cabinet model has this specific tone module?

Thanks

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 am

Glad you asked adam. From the factory the sirens did not come with the module pre-installed in the controller unless you requested it to be. The TM control modules when ordered could be requested for a full or half step chime melody. the rev a. modules are a bit harder to find now a days as they were exclusive to the eows series, even though they interchange with the selectone. Im positive that if you can get ahold of a UTM (universal tone module) it has the option for the full chime melody.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Fri May 26, 2017 4:22 am

I think it is because of the difference in drivers. if you think about it, the circular horns have 2 drivers whereas the rectangular ones only had 1?
I would think that this would cause distortion. also, does anyone know the notes to the chimes? to me the 612 dual tone one sounds the best.
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Fri May 26, 2017 6:12 pm

all the chimes were dual note.... The early chimes (the Rev.A TM modules) were in F major and the later ones were in E flat major. With the speakers the round reflex horns on the 612 and 408 had 2 drivers per horn, hence "408", "8" meaning total drivers. On the 115 and 1212 there was only 1 driver per horn.

And how the type of horn would affect the chimes I don't know what you're saying or where you're coming from.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

adam759
New User

Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am

Thank you for your response! It is a shame that tone module is so hard to find. I guess I will have to scour some more in siren grave yards.

I looked on Ebay a bit and found these modules that are really cheap, but are marked as series A2. Do you know are these the half step modules or would the full step be labeled A1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Federal-Signal- ... Swv0tVW07m

Also, I looked into the UTM modules already and unfortunately out of the box they don't offer a full sequence, only the half sequence as can be sampled here:

https://www.fedsig.com/resource-library ... estminster

If I ever do get my hands on a full sequence module I would never let it go :lol: . Also, sorry to ask a thousand questions, but do you know the pin out of the tone modules? There seems to be a common, V+, and tone out, but don't know which is which. If you know that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Adam

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Hey adam... the tone modules for the full chime sequence are marked with the A1. I could have sworn that the UTM did the full melody but i guess not. keep looking and im sure you'll find one. i will get you the pinouts when i find the extra time to do so.

EOWS1212man
YouTube Username: BFDfire288

Wed May 31, 2017 10:23 pm

I bet if you ask Federal, they can make you a UTM chip with the full chimes if they don't already have them somewhere. You could even probably put it in a new UV if you wanted.
Proud owner of a Model A, Model 2, Model 2T and Model 5

adam759
New User

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 am

Yes, they do make custom chips where you can pretty much put whatever sound file you want on it. However, I really want the nostalgic chimes though, an authentic pure version of the original that came with the EOWS Siratone series. I could just make or get a synth, but nothing would sound like the original. If anyone sees this and knows where I can get an original tm12 a1 module, please let me know. In the meantime, I am going to try some siren graveyards.

Sean juth
YouTube Username: Sean juth

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:54 pm

the uv cntrollers do have an option for dual tone chimes
PLEASE DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY!
Sean C
I own a whelen 2800 cell, a busted beyond repair 2904 (used to be a 2909) and a black whelen 400 watt speaker driver.
I want the model d from Paint Rock Alabama
Huntsville Alabama Native

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”