Welcome to the Siren Board! 3.3.6

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
By Valtonus
http://prntscr.com/e0fp90

Less of a mystery siren more of a mystery blower. Found this gem in Sweetwater, TX. It is probably a A1.. but why is the blower square?

edit: It was just a akward angle, it isn't square.
By Valtonus
Ziginox wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 pm
Valtonus wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:32 pm
http://www.fireapparatusmagazine.com/ar ... ition.html

This was shared on Facebook. I am assuming this is some sort of custom Sentry, because Sentry has done custom sirens before.
It's a 10V with only half the horns.
Another siren enthusiast posted this on Sentry Siren's page. As it turns out, it is a 3V8-H.
By flatlandsparky
Not so much a mystery, but I'd appreciate some clarification. Is this just a Banshee missing its top shroud? Or did ACA make a siren like this for a special purpose?

This unit is in Pritchett Colorado on Randolph Street between 3rd and 4th. I doubt it's active as there is a new Sentry 15/20VxT next to it.
Attachments
20170126_203632.png
By Synther
flatlandsparky wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 am
Not so much a mystery, but I'd appreciate some clarification. Is this just a Banshee missing its top shroud? Or did ACA make a siren like this for a special purpose?

This unit is in Pritchett Colorado on Randolph Street between 3rd and 4th. I doubt it's active as there is a new Sentry 15/20VxT next to it.
Banshee 110, with maybe a 'disk' from a Screamer on it?
By Sean juth
866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
By Ziginox
Sean juth wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm
866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
There's no link or picture here.
By Valtonus
Sean juth wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm
866MPCWF+G4
As mentioned in Discord, we can tell you for a fact it is definitely a electronic carillon. These are very common on top of churches that can't afford real bells. Considering these use the speakers similar to a Master Blaster, as a lot of electronic carillons do, these are DEFINITELY church bells.
By dpayne82
Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.
By Ziginox
dpayne82 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 pm
Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.
I'm sorry, but this is far too little information to identify what make/model of siren this is. Sirens are sirens, there isn't a specific "tornado" or "air raid" siren.

So a few nights ago, Logan (Tbolthurricane on Yo[…]

Wow.......creepy

https://goo.gl/Va3hzn

Speaking of HyperSpikes, it seems that there is at[…]