Welcome to the Siren Board! 3.3.6

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
By Valtonus
http://prntscr.com/e0fp90

Less of a mystery siren more of a mystery blower. Found this gem in Sweetwater, TX. It is probably a A1.. but why is the blower square?

edit: It was just a akward angle, it isn't square.
By Valtonus
Ziginox wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 pm
Valtonus wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:32 pm
http://www.fireapparatusmagazine.com/ar ... ition.html

This was shared on Facebook. I am assuming this is some sort of custom Sentry, because Sentry has done custom sirens before.
It's a 10V with only half the horns.
Another siren enthusiast posted this on Sentry Siren's page. As it turns out, it is a 3V8-H.
By flatlandsparky
Not so much a mystery, but I'd appreciate some clarification. Is this just a Banshee missing its top shroud? Or did ACA make a siren like this for a special purpose?

This unit is in Pritchett Colorado on Randolph Street between 3rd and 4th. I doubt it's active as there is a new Sentry 15/20VxT next to it.
Attachments
20170126_203632.png
By Synther
flatlandsparky wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 am
Not so much a mystery, but I'd appreciate some clarification. Is this just a Banshee missing its top shroud? Or did ACA make a siren like this for a special purpose?

This unit is in Pritchett Colorado on Randolph Street between 3rd and 4th. I doubt it's active as there is a new Sentry 15/20VxT next to it.
Banshee 110, with maybe a 'disk' from a Screamer on it?
By Sean juth
866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
By Ziginox
Sean juth wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm
866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
There's no link or picture here.
By Valtonus
Sean juth wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm
866MPCWF+G4
As mentioned in Discord, we can tell you for a fact it is definitely a electronic carillon. These are very common on top of churches that can't afford real bells. Considering these use the speakers similar to a Master Blaster, as a lot of electronic carillons do, these are DEFINITELY church bells.
By dpayne82
Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.
By Ziginox
dpayne82 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 pm
Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.
I'm sorry, but this is far too little information to identify what make/model of siren this is. Sirens are sirens, there isn't a specific "tornado" or "air raid" siren.
Sheldon Park EOWS 612 Returns!

That is awesome! Congrats!

That seems like the most logical option.

Anyone know what siren this is?

That chopper and motor scream Federal. I'm thinkin[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uePpOC8AwTk Got m[…]