Daniel

Re: Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:31 am

I don't recall the name, but they are not by HOR, Decot, or Westinghouse (which never built sirens to my knowledge). They used Westinghouse motors, but they were made locally in Oregon for the siren system in Oregon City. When Civil Defense was disbanded in 1963, they were sold around the state to local fire departments. This siren does not appear to be one of those. It looks like a single-headed Model B turned vertically.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Apillow

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:58 pm

So a few weeks ago I went down to the Fort Snelling Golf Course in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I came across this siren near some old barracks(?) from fort snelling. IMO it looks like a Model 5, can anyone confirm that?
Attachments
image.jpeg
Profile picture was done by a player on the robocraft forums. Josh555 edited it to 140 by 140 pixels. Thanks!

connerdstines

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Apillow wrote:So a few weeks ago I went down to the Fort Snelling Golf Course in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I came across this siren near some old barracks(?) from fort snelling. IMO it looks like a Model 5, can anyone confirm that?
Old Fedelcode 5.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Apillow

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 pm

connerdstines wrote:
Apillow wrote:So a few weeks ago I went down to the Fort Snelling Golf Course in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I came across this siren near some old barracks(?) from fort snelling. IMO it looks like a Model 5, can anyone confirm that?
Old Fedelcode 5.
I may have already asked this before, but what's the difference between Federal Signal and Fedelcode? Are they the same? What makes them different?
Profile picture was done by a player on the robocraft forums. Josh555 edited it to 140 by 140 pixels. Thanks!

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Model 5. Still active, was unlucky enough to be near it when it went off.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Apillow wrote:
connerdstines wrote:
Old Fedelcode 5.
I may have already asked this before, but what's the difference between Federal Signal and Fedelcode? Are they the same? What makes them different?
A Fedelcode Model 5 (seen above) has skirts that do not go out as far as the newer 5's and are angled mainly downward. Also, they were strictly limited to 8 and 12 ports. The newer ones (shown below, credit to J. Marcoz) has wide skirts that really project the sound outward, and we're offered in 8, 12, and 9/12 configurations.
Attachments
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG (74.74 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Apillow

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:56 am

Zarlog wrote:
Really? It's still active? Did it go off when Minneapolis normally tests it's sirens? (First Wednseday of the month at 1:00 PM.) When did you last hear it? I'll have to check this one out soon!

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:19 am

Apillow wrote:
Zarlog wrote:
Really? It's still active? Did it go off when Minneapolis normally tests it's sirens? (First Wednseday of the month at 1:00 PM.) When did you last hear it? I'll have to check this one out soon!
Earlier this year (around April), it was on a weekend and it went off for about 2-3 seconds for some reason. It probably goes off with the city sirens though. I think it was single tone 12 port but I don't remember that well.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Apillow

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Apillow wrote:
Zarlog wrote: Model 5. Still active, was unlucky enough to be near it when it went off.
Earlier this year (around April), it was on a weekend and it went off for about 2-3 seconds for some reason. It probably goes off with the city sirens though. I think it was single tone 12 port but I don't remember that well.
Thanks! It might not be a city test then. That area is a national guard base, right? Maybe it is a noon whistle now. It's kinda far away from where anyone lives, although I'm not quite sure about the model 5's range and the distance between it and the populated area. Thanks for the info!

AST128_RyanK

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:25 pm

What model XX04 would this be?

Return to “Mystery Sirens”