Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Re: Manitowoc ACA Allertor 125 Siren test

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:20 am

How long ago did you hear that it was in a motor shop? I don't know what a motor shop would do with an old siren with a brunt up motor if it is not going back into service.[/quote]

I was reading the Sick Sirens thread
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

SuperBanshee

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:23 am

Here is the old thread detailing some of Manitowoc's Allertors. https://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewto ... 70&p=38602

Going by the description, it's very doubtful the Stangel Elementary Allertor will be up and running again.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 am

Jake_7367 wrote:The deaths of the Allertors were due to windings burning out. The motor's internals were totally unrecognizable. Last I heard, the Stangel Elementary Allertor was in a motor shop.
Where did you hear this? I know you like to spread stuff on Youtube that isn't true, and the same is not appreciated here.

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Where did you hear this? I know you like to spread stuff on Youtube that isn't true, and the same is not appreciated here.[/quote]
Spraynard wrote:I know this is kind of a late reply but I just registered. I actually took this siren apart at a motor shop I work at and what actually happened is it just burned up like hell. The copper bars within the rotor actually melted. The rings on the ends of the rotor that are actually supposed to be attached to each of those bars fell off and were just flying around nicking up the windings. It had to have gotten around 2,000 degrees or so in that motor to melt all that copper. The good news is that the siren has since been replaced with a T-128. Manitowoc is just slow at doing things but eventually, they get around to it.
From the Sterling M and sick Allertor thread
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Sounds like the armature failed. They had problems with some of those sirens blowing out rotor bars. They are aluminum not copper, and will melt at a low temperature. If it had gotten to 2000 degrees the fiberglass would have caught on fire.

It probably froze down one winter.

Allenorgan42099

Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:42 am

Sounds pretty healthy to me. Not that weak. any updates on the one at 26th and Hamilton? That one was last filmed about 4 years ago and it still sounded a bit sick. Maybe someone could record it again, and see if it's gotten any worse.

uncommonsense

Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:08 am

There was a user from WAY back in the day...Jeremy something...that was from Manitowoc and we used to talk shop about those Allertors. Anyone remember who I'm talking about?

kswx29

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:14 am

Great video! You were just the right distance away. Gives it more of a feel of how one might hear actually hear it if they lived nearby. Would be interesting to hear this siren in attack.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Videos and Media”