PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Re: Sirens + Guns = ?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:17 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:Does anyone have 3 logical reasons why some fool would shoot at a siren?
  1. Kicks.
  2. Giggles.
  3. Lolz.
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:21 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:Does anyone have 3 logical reasons why some fool would shoot at a siren?
Because it is a loud and annoying object in their eyes. That or they feel like that pastor did in Hamilton county :wink:
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:44 pm

1. MURICA
2. Because they can
3. They are out of ideas
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

falconhawk

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 am

Such siren abuse.
The falcon is always watching; like a hawk.

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

1. It is loud and annoying and they want it dead.
2. Just a target they can shoot at because.
3. Fun to see if they can get away with it.
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

cauberallies

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 am

mrboojay wrote:
1. It is loud and annoying and they want it dead.
2. Just a target they can shoot at because.
3. Fun to see if they can get away with it.

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! As an avid firearms collector and enthusiast, apprentice gunsmith, and even stand behind counter dealing with customers at times, I meet a LOT of self described "gun people." I put that phrase in parentheses because I think they are a bane to our culture and are the most visible element of it as a whole. I am embarrassed to admit that there are a great many that would do something like this out of spite, boredom, or annoyance. At least that last one looks like it was hit with birdshot from a shotgun, which is one of the few things it's safe to shoot into the air.

If I saw someone taking aim at a siren, I don't think I'd draw on them (I carry 99% of the time), as I doubt there would be legal justification, and I sure as heck don't want to start a gunfight with anyone (1st rule of gunfighting: don't get into one) but I'd surely try to dissuade them from pulling that trigger, and notify the police, not necessarily in that order. This is not because I am a siren and firearms enthusiast both, but because it's dangerous, stupid, and just damn selfish. These warning devices are for the safety of the general public, no matter what the application, save for a few specific examples. Why would you endanger not only the people in the warning radius, but fire a miniature kinetic ballistic missile into the sky with no idea where it will land?

LukeH

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 am

They do it for the same reason we used to shoot up the stop signs on gravel roads. excitement. adrenalin rush. some good memories. those were crazy days. 00 buckshot in a double barrel shotgun pull both triggers and watch the sparks fly.

NOTE I do not condone shooting at signs sirens or anything else that's not yours to shoot for that matter. Not as asy to get away with anymore. used to get told to go home and dont let them catch you at it again. now it's jail time.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

flatlandsparky

Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:30 am

Not to completely derail this thread, but since it was brought back up and there wasn't a good enough reason to make a new thread about a question. On the first post, Brendan mentioned damage on the raincap on his T-bolt head. Is the raincap that piece that looks like a bell reducer that's under the horns support brace?

coastalsyrolover

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:24 am

flatlandsparky wrote:Not to completely derail this thread, but since it was brought back up and there wasn't a good enough reason to make a new thread about a question. On the first post, Brendan mentioned damage on the raincap on his T-bolt head. Is the raincap that piece that looks like a bell reducer that's under the horns support brace?
That is where I thought it was... Maybe I will learn something new...
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”