ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

STH-10 in Attack in Cresson, PA

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtwu-RNaI8&fmt=18
I thought this was a Model 5 when I first heard it, but after listening to it again, I'm not sure. The wind-down seems a little fast to me for an STH, but the tone seems right.
Last edited by ver tum on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Re: STH-10 or Model 5 in Cresson, PA

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:29 pm

It's a three phase STH-10, located at the fire hall in the downtown area. It does have somewhat of a quicker wind down than what's considered "normal", which may just be the motor bearings starting to show their age. Here's where the siren is at for anyone interested: http://goo.gl/maps/0RlVJ
-Ian M.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks, Ian. Sometimes it's hard to tell between the two especially if the audio quality isn't great.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Modulator Master II

Re: STH-10 in Attack in Cresson, PA

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 am

I know this siren well, it's Station 70's white STH-10 that sits behind the station, I know the tones that activate it as well.

Last edited by Modulator Master II on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Receivers: BCD996P2(Pri) and BCD325P2(Sec.) I am 33 and still a Woody Woodpecker fan and Poke fan too.

Bedford_1003
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: UnivibeExp
Discord: UnivibeExp

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 am

When is this tested? I might try to record it via the rail cam.
THE ONE AND ONLY..... BEDFORD_1003. (Call me Lucas)

cauberallies

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 am

I hate to bump an old thread, but I spent the first 7 months of my life directly across the street from this very active (at the time, at least) siren. My old house is now a parking lot. It is most likely what inspired the terror, which eventually turned into fascination and obsession which has stretched almost 26 years now. This exact STH-10 is why I am a siren enthusiast.

I haven't been on the board for about a year (life happens), but I have had a lot of siren action lately, including acquiring a Sterling Little Giant yesterday, which brought me back. I saw this while surfing through what I missed, and could not help but comment. Sorry Jason/Mods if I am violating anything here. It's just pretty cool to see this.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:20 am

cauberallies wrote: Sorry Jason/Mods if I am violating anything here. It's just pretty cool to see this.
Not at all. Glad to see you are still around and congrats on your new siren!

estokke09
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: estokke09

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:33 am

cauberallies wrote:I hate to bump an old thread, but I spent the first 7 months of my life directly across the street from this very active (at the time, at least) siren. My old house is now a parking lot. It is most likely what inspired the terror, which eventually turned into fascination and obsession which has stretched almost 26 years now. This exact STH-10 is why I am a siren enthusiast.

I haven't been on the board for about a year (life happens), but I have had a lot of siren action lately, including acquiring a Sterling Little Giant yesterday, which brought me back. I saw this while surfing through what I missed, and could not help but comment. Sorry Jason/Mods if I am violating anything here. It's just pretty cool to see this.
Nice to see another Little Giant owner on here, congrats! Any pics?
Proud owner of a 3, CS3, Erick

Return to “Videos and Media”