DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Re: Lawrence Township finally opening to bids on sirens

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:00 am

Mysterious T-Bolt 111 wrote:
DJ2226 wrote:
whelenws2020 wrote:I know that b&c communications is a whelen dealer, and that werden electric is a federal signal dealer, I hope they go with whelen
Werden sells American Signal Corporation products... and why the bump? :?
TBH, considering B&C really only deals with Motorola branded radio equipment and such, I don't think anyone including me knows what brand they are affiliated with. So as archangel_cpj and whelenws2020 said, they must be a Whelen dealer, which helps everyone know.

I've also found this interesting segment of a frustrated house owner who will receive a installation literally right in front of their yard, and chances are it the location will stay the same: http://fox8.com/2014/07/16/its-so-loud- ... -going-up/

That same video also shows a Model 5, presumably from North Lawrence.
Oh okay, make since. I can't see the video. My internet service has taken a dump on me and is bare;y moving out. :problem:
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

LukeH

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Mysterious T-Bolt 111 wrote:
DJ2226 wrote:
whelenws2020 wrote:I know that b&c communications is a whelen dealer, and that werden electric is a federal signal dealer, I hope they go with whelen
TBH, considering B&C really only deals with Motorola branded radio equipment and such, I don't think anyone including me knows what brand they are affiliated with. So as archangel_cpj and whelenws2020 said, they must be a Whelen dealer, which helps everyone know.

I've also found this interesting segment of a frustrated house owner who will receive a installation literally right in front of their yard, and chances are it the location will stay the same: http://fox8.com/2014/07/16/its-so-loud- ... -going-up/

That same video also shows a Model 5, presumably from North Lawrence.
"It's so loud!" I can guarantee they will be thanking their lucky stars the siren was there when a tornado rolls through their yard at 2am.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Nathan706
New User
YouTube Username: CoachNate

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:20 am

What kind of tornado siren is Canal Fulton getting.

Mysterious T-Bolt 111

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:43 am

Nathan706 wrote:What kind of tornado siren is Canal Fulton getting.
Given that any locations will reside withing city limits, not sure. However, there are two that will be fairly close by. They did end up selecting the lowest bid, but now because they are just waiting on poles for next week, they might be installing some very soon and I can stop by. Either way all proposed locations are approximately 2 miles from each other, so until anyone sees them when they put them up, not sure yet. :| If I recall correctly from the video, they didn't want to leave anyone out of warning so I guess they all overlap as well.

whelenws2020

YouTube Username: mike ray

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:26 am

When are installations gonna begin? AND DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT STATUS OF BARBERTONS UPGRADE?? It's been five weeks since they got the grant and the system should have been in by now

uncommonsense

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 am

whelenws2020 wrote:It's been five weeks since they got the grant and the system should have been in by now
You're joking, right?

You can't just go to The Home Depot and buy a Whelen 2910 stock with a 75 foot pole with autodigging and waterproofing functionality with a government issued credit card.

From bid to manufacture to delivery to installation, these things take time!

Also, what's with the all caps asking if anyone knows about a particular towns upgrade?

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:51 am

uncommonsense wrote:
whelenws2020 wrote:It's been five weeks since they got the grant and the system should have been in by now
You're joking, right?

You can't just go to The Home Depot and buy a Whelen 2910 stock with a 75 foot pole with autodigging and waterproofing functionality with a government issued credit card.

Also, what's with the all caps asking if anyone knows about a particular towns upgrade?
I must second this. I live just south of Hamilton County, whom is currently upgrading their WHOLE system (covering the whole 413 sq. miles of the county) to T-128's and 2 E-Classes. The area we are talking about in this thread is 581 sq miles. Hamilton County has been replacing their sirens since, what? 2012? Maybe even 2011? They still have a while to to go, they are maybe 3/5's done. Like uncommonsense said these things take tame. And patience is a virtue.
(It's late XD)
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

whelenws2020

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 am

DJ2226 wrote:

whelenws2020

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:11 am

uncommonsense wrote:
You're joking, right?

I read in an article that Barbertons system would be upgraded in several weeks, they went with federal signal

Mysterious T-Bolt 111

Re: Lawrence Township finally has siren system in place.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Went by the Forty Corners Street location earlier and saw a new shiny Vortex. So their system must comprise of five Vortexes. Should be interesting to hear it in the distance during a Tornado Warning with Massillon's sirens (that is, if the sound carries good at the moment).

Also from reading from an agenda/packet regarding sirens (which can be found here: http://cityofcanalfulton-oh.gov/wp-cont ... Packet.pdf)
The Parties will activate the sirens under the following circumstances:

Severe weather is expected or observed with a storm producing golf-ball sized hail or winds greater than 70 mph.

Upon receipt of a severe weather alert (Severe Thunderstorm Warning) from the National Weather Service, or other official source, indication that Canal Fulton/Lawrence Township is in the path of severe weather, including a flash flood warning.

If at anytime the National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Warning for Canal Fulton, Lawrence Township, or any surrounding territory within a 10 mile radius of Canal Fulton or Lawrence Township.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”