MysteryMachine

Re: Any idea on what this is?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Said they got an Eclipse to replace this one. Then it started acting up and not shutting off. I'm gonna see if he can get me photos if it.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:32 pm

My guess is a Model 2 that's missing the top.
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

bobcat418
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Flying Train Productions

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:39 pm

I think that it is a Darley Champion siren because I see the motor on the top and the rotor looks like an STH-10rotor, plus it is on the bottom. But it could be a Darley STH-10 because that rotor looks exactly like it belongs to an STH-10.
Check out my youtube channel Flying Train Productions
Proud owner of a '63 Thunderbolt 1000BT, '69 Model B-9 and a late 70's Model A
Certified Skywarn spotter since March 4th, 2017

MysteryMachine

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:42 pm

agrotred40 wrote:My guess is a Model 2 that's missing the top.
No, not even close.

So dude tried calling me at 8 something in the morning yesterday. He was glad to figure it out but upset that he couldn't find a video on YouTube of one doing attack to use as a ringtone. Asked if I knew of one or of someone who could synth one. I'm thinking really dude? I was kind enough to help you figure it out now you're getting ridiculous. Not my job to make you a ring tone
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

Jim Z

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

holler wrote:He never mentioned nothing about an Eclipse. I got tired of him blowing up my phone to just ask the same question.
Attachments
phone.jpg
phone.jpg (155.79 KiB) Viewed 2723 times

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm

MysteryMachine wrote:So dude tried calling me at 8 something in the morning yesterday. He was glad to figure it out but upset that he couldn't find a video on YouTube of one doing attack to use as a ringtone. Asked if I knew of one or of someone who could synth one. I'm thinking really dude? I was kind enough to help you figure it out now you're getting ridiculous. Not my job to make you a ring tone
Exactly! He did the same thing to me. I told him it probably sounded like an STH-10, but that wasn't good enough.

MysteryMachine

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Figured I'd give you guys a chuckle. He is still calling me about this stupid thing. I stopped returning his calls after I posted this thread. I since have had 2 or 3 calls from him. He called and left a message yesterday asking if I've ever heard of someone mounting a Model 5 upside down.
Jinx

MysteryMachine

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Yes it is. When the phone started ringing I told my wife it can wait because it's probably that guy again. Glad I didn't stop what I was doing to answer it because I would have been really aggravated. I told him what everyone seemed to agree what it was but he keeps trying for another answer. It's like if you ain't gonna listen why bother to keep asking
Jinx

coastalsyrolover

Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:51 pm

At first I was like "Oh it's a model 5!" But then I saw the low chopper and what not and I tend to agree it's a Darley siren. Fs last I remember didn't have small sirens with a low mounted chopper and stator. (Except maybe the model 3 or 2? Been forever since I have seen the guts of those 2 sirens.) The Darley champion seems to come with many housing options (Like the one in... Gosh I think that was Yamhill OR?) It didn't have an open housing. It is all closed with little "vents" for lack of a better word.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Jim Z

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Fs last I remember didn't have small sirens with a low mounted chopper and stator. (Except maybe the model 3 or 2? Been forever since I have seen the guts of those 2 sirens.)
the Canadian version of the Model 2 has the guts "upside down."

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”