StonedChipmunk

Lightbar Animated GIFs

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 am

I am making a bunch of GIF images for upload to Second Life to see what they look like. I've taken a bunch of images I've collected through Whelen.com, FedSig.com, and some other various websites. Here are a few samples (they may take a while to load):

{Enlarge} This is a variant of the Whelen Ultra (with the strobes replaced with LEDs). Probably the hardest one I've ever made. It took a while to get the animation just right.

{Enlarge} An amber Whelen Liberty. 4 different animations: alternating (every other lighthead), left/right, dual split, and single split. It really turned out nice.

{Enlarge} Decided to be a bit creative and make a green version of the Liberty. I don't think Whelen sells a green version, but I messed with the coloring anyways. I like how it's clear when it's off (or the fact that I was too lazy to color the lighthead two times).

{Enlarge} Last but not least, the hardest one to color in was the Whelen 9M. It looks great, doesn't it?

Anyways, what do you think? Good work? Crap? (Remember, I cut off the edges of the actual bar because this is only supposed to be the lighthead part. Maybe I'll add a pic of them in action once I get them to work.)

Also, any ideas on what I should do next? I'll take anything (except, of course, rotating lights). I could try to animate a Whelen Talon or something... suggestions?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

SirenMadness

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:51 am

Not bad. The animations are pretty diverse in their intervals, so you've done a great job!
~ Peter Radanovic

StonedChipmunk

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:00 am

Thanks. Unfortunately, I rarely get to see lightbars in person. The only time I saw one really up close in person was in Atlanta, GA last weekend. We were at CNN Tower and there is a really long stretch of road where one side is for police parking only, and all the Atlanta PD cruisers use the Liberty. Of course, they were turned off, and nobody was there (or else I would have taken a vid with my camera). They look really sleek.

Does anyone know the pattern for lightbars like these? I'm trying to maximize realism.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”