siren fan

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 am

That'd be cool if someone had a pic of them lit. 8)

TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 am

It looks like they removed the Thunderbolt at Fire Station #56 on the extreme North side of Dallas. I was driving by on Beltline on Saturday and noticed it was missing.

Before:

After:

It appears that whoever owned the fenced in area where the siren was standing, received permission from the city to install that large, white repeater tower in its place. I remember when the siren was still up someone had installed radio equipment on the pole. I have some better pictures of it but they are buried somewhere on my hard drive.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:17 pm

TboltTX1 wrote:It looks like they removed the Thunderbolt at Fire Station #56 on the extreme North side of Dallas. I was driving by on Beltline on Saturday and noticed it was missing.

It appears that whoever owned the fenced in area where the siren was standing, received permission from the city to install that large, white repeater tower in its place. I remember when the siren was still up someone had installed radio equipment on the pole. I have some better pictures of it but they are buried somewhere on my hard drive.
That's a shame. I think that was still there as recently as January ('13). My brother-in-law lives on Lake Forest, which is only a few blocks west of there, and I was back & forth to his house several times between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. I'm sure I'd have noticed if it were gone at that time. I bet the owner of the cell equipment wanted to put more up there, and was worried that the t-bolt standpipe wasn't strong enough, which it probably wasn't.

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Dallas Thunderbolts 2012 count?

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

It's siren test day in Dallas. I just heard the recently installed 2001 around the corner in attack.

Yes, I realize I am bumping an old thread, but I have been meaning to take a photo of this siren that is located near my brother's house. This decommissioned Thunderbolt 1000 is on fire station 4 at Cedar Springs and Reagan. This photo was taken last week and the siren stands as of today.
Dallas Station 4 Thunderbolt.JPG
Dallas Station 4 Thunderbolt.JPG (125.13 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.
Owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T air raid siren. :TBolt:

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Did they remove the controls and blower or are they inside?
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:07 am

I have never been inside the fence. I'm sure whatever was there a few years ago when it worked ("worked" in the case of this particular Thunderbolt is a relative term) is still there.
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.
Owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T air raid siren. :TBolt:

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”