dilloncarpenter

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 am

Well guys...looks like another 2T22 might be joining us! I'll keep you posted. 8)
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Jim Z

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 am

I really, really need to get out and do something. I can't let this anxiety s*** get the best of me. Maybe I need to go to this.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 am

Jim Z wrote:I really, really need to get out and do something. I can't let this anxiety s*** get the best of me. Maybe I need to go to this.
Come on down man! Sounds like it's gonna be a pretty big turnout.. this is probably gonna be the first time that most of us on here will be at the same place at the same time. It went great earlier this year in July at my place, even if we had a small crowd.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

dilloncarpenter

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 am

Come on, man! You can do it. I've been through the whole anxiety crap before and I know it sucks. But you can't let it beat you. If you do go, just have in your head that if you need a moment to yourself you can always just tell me and you can hang out in the house or somewhere remote for a little bit, no questions asked.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 am

Just chill, we're all family here.

dilloncarpenter

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 am

Personal update:

The 2T22 I had mentioned before will have to be put on hold for a little while, but it's still a good possibility that it will make it to the meetup.

I cleaned out my garage the other day and found all of our camping equipment, and sometime soon I will be cleaning it all up. I will be taking everything camping-related to the meet so that if someone doesn't have something or forgets something, I might actually have one on hand. I haven't really gone over all the supplies yet, but I do know we have:
-4 to 6 sleeping bags
-Air pump
-Assortment of twin and queen sized air mattresses
-One small and one large tent (not sure on exact size)

Although camping out there is actually pretty cool, there is an option if you don't want to camp. That option is NOT the Watonga Motel. Talked to my mom about it and that one is a definite no. I know for sure there is a Best Western in Weatherford, which is about a 20-30 minute drive away. In Weatherford there are also several restaurants and grocery stores, and a freaking GIANT Ace Hardware as well. (seriously, that Ace is like the size of a Lowe's.) So if wee need something tool-wise, that would be the place, although I'm pretty sure we won't.

Bryan

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 am

Camping will be good for those who are ok with sleeping in the heat/humidity at night. If there is a group of us wanting to stay at the hotel we should see how many and see if we can get a group rate, as well as carpool so we don't have a butt load of cars, trucks, trailers, and semi's driving back and forth.
Owner/Operator of SirenTex LLC

Proud of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 2t22A, Model 2t, Model 3 Model 5, SD-10, STH-10, American Signal Corp. T-128, Whelen WPS-2750 and too many Whelen Lights

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 am

I'll see if I can borrow the Tahoe to ride out to OK with. I don't mind carpooling, I've done it before without issues. I may opt in for a hotel room since I absolutely cannot sleep in heat and especially not humidity LOL.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 am

Ian and I are both driving out there, so there will be room for carpooling. My truck has one extra spot since it's a regular cab but Ian's is an extended cab and has 3 extra seats.

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I will be booking a hotel room in Weatherford for Saturday night. I usually stay at Drury Inns or Holiday Inns when out of town. I'm too old to be sleeping outside.

Jim Z, come out if you can make it. I worked to rearrange my schedule for next year so I could attend. I've met several of the siren guys on here and am really looking forward to meeting a bunch more of them. At the meet up, you'll be around a group of good people you have something very interesting in common with! :D

P.S. I will be needing a special exception admission for those who do not bring a siren. Mine is staying tied to the ground at home. :lol:
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.
Owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T air raid siren. :TBolt:

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”