bradhig

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 am

Do they have the 3016s as well?

TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 am

Wait a minute... I thought those sirens were going to TGB inc. http://www.tgbinc.com/. That is what the St. Louis county emergency manager told me. I was supposedly placed on a waiting list to obtain one of these sirens from TGB who was contracted to remove and dispose of them. Now they're sitting at some paintball court being used as targets????

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:18 am

Ok, so here's my theory. I believe Metro STL had tons of 2000Rs and a few thunderbolts here and there before they installed their new Whelens in the downtown area. The new whelens were installed before this whole county upgrade thing begun too. So therefore I think that these sirens have been sitting here for quite some time, and have no association with the company TGB. I even asked the guy about TGB and he seemed like he wanted nothing to do with them. Tbolt like you I have called and been placed on many waiting lists and I told him this he said some BS about a "county waiting list" This guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

So basically long story short, the older sirens (that we called about) are still up and haven't been taken down yet.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 am

Crazywarriorman wrote:So therefore I think that these sirens have been sitting here for quite some time, and have no association with the company TGB. I even asked the guy about TGB and he seemed like he wanted nothing to do with them.
Something doesn't seem quite right with what they told you. Look at the van in the background of the pic with the skid-steer carrying the blower.

-Ian M.

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm

mr_thunderbolt1003 wrote:
Crazywarriorman wrote:So therefore I think that these sirens have been sitting here for quite some time, and have no association with the company TGB. I even asked the guy about TGB and he seemed like he wanted nothing to do with them.
Something doesn't seem quite right with what they told you. Look at the van in the background of the pic with the skid-steer carrying the blower.

I woulden't trust this paintball guy. I think that those sirens are from the old system.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

FedTB

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Crazywarriorman, your theory is wrong. These ARE from St. Louis County's old system and haven't "been sitting there for quite some time." None of these were ever installed in the City of St. Louis. St. Louis had STL-10s up until about 10 or 12 years ago and then they went with Whelen WPS-2800 series sirens. They never had T-Bolts, Whelen 3016s or 2000s.

Believe me, the old sirens have been taken down (and the process continues, from what I know of) and are the ones you see in the pictures above!

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Can't blame a guy for trying.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

MARSAUTOSIREN
YouTube Username: CornFedProductions
Discord: [Technician] Skoat

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Well I didn't see that trcuk. The guy also said that you could use the radio receiver/transmitter as a RADIO. That the metal would carry the sound and give us a rotating speaker!
Steven Shortt: General Motors Automotive Technician
1982 Thunderbolt 1000T
MARS 24V Fire Truck Siren

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Now I have to ask.
What is in the sam hades is a 1000X????
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

MysteryMachine

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:55 pm

That's his way of putting it since he doesn't know if it's a 1000 or a 1000T
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”