MysteryMachine

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:24 am

2 times a month seems a bit excessive to me.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

bradhig

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 am

FedTB wrote:Bradhig, where was the T-Bolt located at along St. Charles Rock Road that you're referring to that was knocked down by a tornado in the early 1990s? I know that in the April 1998 F1 tornado up along Page Avenue that there was a T-Bolt knocked down. It was located along Page Avenue just west of Lindbergh Blvd. It was one of the old St. Louis County Civil Defense single tone T-Bolts.
That's the one I was thinking of. I was lead to believe it was St Charles Rock Rd and not Page Ave. I was wrong.

That's two Thunderbolts taken out by Tornadoes in St. Louis County. I guess tornadoes don't like Thunderbolts.

Bowser

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:55 am

bradhig wrote:That's two Thunderbolts taken out by Tornadoes in St. Louis County. I guess tornadoes don't like Thunderbolts.
Obviously. Tornadoes like to arrive unannounced and wreak their destruction at will. Tbolts spoil their fun by making everybody know their coming. They target Tbolts specifically because they tell more people than any other siren!
Bowser, builder and buyer of sirens

Keeshah

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 am

MysteryMachine wrote:2 times a month seems a bit excessive to me.

They test are Whelen's, every weds at noon, year round.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”