jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Model J?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 pm

hey guys today i was watching youtube and i found a small siren called the model J i heard its rarer than the model RX.
any info on the model J i will do a separate topic about the model RX
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Model J?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 am

If I remember correctly there has been a thread on the Model RX, and I think you'll find info on the Model J here as well. I couldn't really understand the last sentence(s) because there is no punctuation or grammar whatsoever. Surely it isn't that hard to use capital letters, full stops and apostrophes where they're needed?
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Re: Model J?

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 pm

The Model J the was another small siren made by Federal, released a little while after the first Type A, that was essentially a 240 Volt version of the Model A. While earlier versions were 110/115 Volt, the later renditions came at a higher voltage, but were available in lower voltages. It was never equipped with any damper assembly, on the contrary to the perfect shaping of the intake. However, Federal later released the Model JC which was coded. This unit was later phased out as Federal found no reason to keep copies of existing sirens (the exact same fate as the Model D). Needless to say, the Model J was the gateway to the creation of the Model L. In terms of rarity, the Model J is nowhere near as rare as the RX; there is only a recorded three in private collection, while there are many more J's.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”