tat_ayala
New User

E.D Bullard CO. air siren from I believe came from navy ship

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 pm

I have this siren that I recently found at my uncles machine shop and trying to find out a little more about it. His shop is located in South Texas at our local shrimp basin. He said he thinks it came off of a navy ship I really don't know but it is possible because we do have a ship salvage yard that has had some famous ships torn down there such as Iwo Jima and others. Any help with this is greatly appreciate. click on link to see pics.

http://hornwhistleboard.com/download.php?id=15547&f=21

http://hornwhistleboard.com/download.php?id=15546&f=21[/url]

Daniel

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 am

I can't tell you about this siren, except it confirms my suspicions that those 1940's-era sirens with the conical rotors were made by Bullard.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

bullarded
New User

Re: E.D Bullard CO. air siren from I believe came from navy

Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 pm

During WWII, production from factories was dictated by the War Production Board. E D Bullard Company, which was prior to the war (and after) a manufacturer of industrial safety equipment, tooled up to make air raid sirens. The Internet documents the variety that were produced. They must have been pretty well made because I have three myself of varying styles. No one living today knows anything about how many were made, or the styles, or even who designed them. But I do know that my grandfather was proud to build them and support the war effort since he couldn't do what he usually did at that time and my father was abroad on a merchant ship.

LukeH

Re: E.D Bullard CO. air siren from I believe came from navy

Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 pm

bullarded wrote:During WWII, production from factories was dictated by the War Production Board. E D Bullard Company, which was prior to the war (and after) a manufacturer of industrial safety equipment, tooled up to make air raid sirens. The Internet documents the variety that were produced. They must have been pretty well made because I have three myself of varying styles. No one living today knows anything about how many were made, or the styles, or even who designed them. But I do know that my grandfather was proud to build them and support the war effort since he couldn't do what he usually did at that time and my father was abroad on a merchant ship.
Please post a few pictures if you could.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Little Bill
New User

Re: E.D Bullard CO. air siren from I believe came from navy ship

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:47 am

Hi,
I have a E. D. Bullard CO. Fire/Police Siren. 6 Volt 1/4 H Number - A- 609.
It is up on E-bay now if you would like to see it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142150341728?ss ... 1555.l2649

Bill

Mod note: 3-year bump approved since it includes relevant information to the thread. -tb
Attachments
DSC_9335.JPG

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”