QuantumCurse
YouTube Username: Owen Yokley

Re: Siren parts

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:03 am

These brushes replace those ones in Thunderbolts. http://www.eis-inc.com/suppliers/produc ... -163+BRUSH
Proudly own a Edwards Model E, a Federal Enterprises Model 2, and a semi butched Thunderbolt 1003A converted to "B". Possibly a 3T22 soon.
From the state that was first in flight and last to fight

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 am

QuantumCurse wrote:These brushes replace those ones in Thunderbolts. http://www.eis-inc.com/suppliers/produc ... -163+BRUSH
Is this meant for the armature brushes or the brushes that ride along the collector rings?
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

QuantumCurse

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:05 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:
QuantumCurse wrote:These brushes replace those ones in Thunderbolts. http://www.eis-inc.com/suppliers/produc ... -163+BRUSH
Is this meant for the armature brushes or the brushes that ride along the collector rings?
The armature I believe. All of the brushes are the same on the Thunderbolt I have so I can't answer that. It could be both but they are curved for the armature.
Last edited by QuantumCurse on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly own a Edwards Model E, a Federal Enterprises Model 2, and a semi butched Thunderbolt 1003A converted to "B". Possibly a 3T22 soon.

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:06 am

QuantumCurse wrote:
SoundMaster 391 wrote:
The armature. All of the brushes are the same on the Thunderbolt I have so I can't answer that.
Will these brushes work with a Model 2 siren?
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer

QuantumCurse

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:07 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:
QuantumCurse wrote:
SoundMaster 391 wrote: Is this meant for the armature brushes or the brushes that ride along the collector rings?
The armature. All of the brushes are the same on the Thunderbolt I have so I can't answer that.
Will these brushes work with a Model 2 siren?
I don't know honestly. On my model 2 they were different.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:43 am

The chopper motor brushes in a Thunderbolt are the same as the collector ring brushes. A Model 2 and a Thunderbolt chopper assembly are the exact same thing, no differences motor-wise
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

QuantumCurse

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

The brushes I listed up here have springs that a tad bit big for the housing for them.

Atiblaster
YouTube Username: East Coast Alerting

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Does anyone have a spare Model a front cone, if so, please respond!!! Also if there is also a model a stator, that would also be greatly appreciated!
Owner of a few small sirens and some other siren odds and ends

QuantumCurse

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Hate to bump this but does anyone know where I can get brushes for a 3T22? I believe the motor is the Northwestern Electric version. The ones I have are completely worn out. Thanks!

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:42 pm

QuantumCurse wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Hate to bump this but does anyone know where I can get brushes for a 3T22? I believe the motor is the Northwestern Electric version. The ones I have are completely worn out. Thanks!
You could try and ask CDV777-1 here on TheSirenBoard. I remember back in 2009 he received a ton of NOS Federal Signal parts including brushes for the single phase repulsion induction motors. I'm not sure if he still has any parts left but it's worth a shot.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”