BIGMIKE SOCAL

Chrysler Bell Air Raid Siren price???

Sun May 31, 2009 4:32 pm

I have a chance to purchase a Chrysler Bell Air Raid Siren (no engine) from a private collector. What would be a fair price for one of these? The siren part still works (the siren part can be turned by hand).

Thanks for your help,
Big Mike
Big Horn Guy of Southern California... www.youtube.com/BIGMIKESOCAL

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sun May 31, 2009 5:50 pm

There's no way for anyone to know what a "fair price" would be for that thing. Start low and up your offer until he accepts it.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

jerrylovessirens

Sun May 31, 2009 10:46 pm

I would have NO clue also whatsoever you could offer. How bad does he want it out? Condition?

The Chrysler is near priceless IMHO, since there are so few left. Ill have to go with Eric, and just say start with something, just not $100!
:D

Yeah, It isnt like buying vehicle; like a Honda Civic or a Harley Sportster, where there is something to compare it with sale-wise since its so common on the marketplace :wink:

Siren_Dude

Sun May 31, 2009 11:07 pm

I read on a YouTube video description the price of a Chrysler Air Raid Siren is $ 35,000. Im guessing very good condition. But not sure if thats the real price but then agian you can't really put a price on it because theres not many left and really the REAL price of the siren is how much someone would pay for it. Bran new they were 5,500 and theres a V8 engine in it but im not sure someone would pay that much for a siren unless you got alot of extra cash around! :D

r4tbolts

Re: Chrysler Bell Air Raid Siren price???

Sun May 31, 2009 11:16 pm

BIGMIKE SOCAL wrote:I have a chance to purchase a Chrysler Bell Air Raid Siren (no engine) from a private collector. What would be a fair price for one of these? The siren part still works (the siren part can be turned by hand).

Thanks for your help,
Big Mike

Be careful. You got to realize the "Siren Community" is rather small in the big picture of the antiques and old things. If you want one for you and not as an investment to restore and sell then it depends on your wallet's pain threshold. If you are looking to make a buck on it then be savy about price.

jerrylovessirens

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 am

I did an inflation-adjusted price check, a Chrysler today, if it cost $5500 then in the mid-fifties, it would cost $43750. So base a price for a used one in so-so condition, without the Hemi.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:06 am

jerrylovessirens wrote:I did an inflation-adjusted price check, a Chrysler today, if it cost $5500 then in the mid-fifties, it would cost $43750. So base a price for a used one in so-so condition, without the Hemi.
:shock:
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:26 am

I've found a complete working one for around $10K in the past 5 years, and I laughed (to myself), and he still has it. I can't speak for others, and I'd pay a lot more than $100, but the value is only what someone will pay. And I'd probably stop bidding before $1000 with no motor, and I probably have rocks in my head at that :?

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

hobbeekid

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

I'd ask the owner what he originally paid for it however many years ago then figure a base price from there.considering its missing key things, "the Hemi" adjust your base offer accordingly....

Jpressman8

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:50 pm

A newer Hemi crate engine is about 15k on it's own. A vintage Hemi isn't cheap either. You could most likely modify any Chrysler or other brand engine to fit if your not worried about keeping it all original. Start low. It all depends on how much $$$ you have to work with.Good luck :) hope you can snag it for a good price.
five liter V8

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”