Archon

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:39 am

As far as the Decot theory goes, they look very similar to photos of known Decots being installed in Seattle in 1951:

Image[/quote]

I believe these sirens are Federal Model 5 and the Ports are 10/12 The ports so not look like decot's ports which were more higher and narrow. Besides the son of Ted Decot kept the patent rights on the decot design to this day. Only one person has permission to make a decot siren

Daniel

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Archon wrote: I believe these sirens are Federal Model 5 and the Ports are 10/12 The ports so not look like decot's ports which were more higher and narrow. Besides the son of Ted Decot kept the patent rights on the decot design to this day. Only one person has permission to make a decot siren
The upper row of ports on these sirens have more than twelve. If seven ports are visible, there are seven or eight on the back that you can't see, so these sirens are 10/15 or 10/14. Only Decot made those at that time, and their rotors looked just like these.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

hobbeekid

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:26 am

Daniel wrote:One siren I remember seeing in Sacramento when I was a kid was something that looked like a single-headed HOR or perhaps a Hedberg. It was on the roof of an office building on one of the downtown streets near the Wang Building, not far from I-5. Does anyone remember this one?

I know which siren your talking about, it's still on top of that same building.In fact there was a earlier thread on the same Sacramento topic where that siren was discussed.The individual, i can't remember who seemed to think that it was still functional and that he would get a recording of it.I think it's abandoned cause everytime I glance up at it when I get up that way, it's always pointing the same direction.I just wondered if it was single or dual toned.only one way to find out,get up there and see...

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:51 am

hobbeekid, do you know what building it is on, or the closest intersection to the building?
-Ian M.

hobbeekid

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 am

mr_thunderbolt1003 wrote:hobbeekid, do you know what building it is on, or the closest intersection to the building?

Sure, it's on top of the old California Fruit building on the corner of 4th and J streets.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:59 pm

mr_thunderbolt1003 wrote:hobbeekid, do you know what building it is on, or the closest intersection to the building?
Can you see it on streetview?

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm

holler wrote:Can you see it on streetview?
I couldn't on street view, but I was able to see it somewhat if you use MSN maps with bird's eye view.

http://tinyurl.com/sacramento-siren
(it's the thing near the SW corner of the roof)
-Ian M.

Daniel

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:41 pm

It looks like a siren sitting on an enclosed stairwell or some angular structure, but it is difficult to say what kind. It could be a 2001, but when I saw it in person, the 2001 hadn't been invented yet. My guess, if it is the same siren, is either a HOR or a Hedberg, since Sterlings don't have projectors that large.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Re: Sacremento

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:14 pm

murrfarms wrote:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:22 am
Daniel wrote:Back to the topic, has anyone ever determined exactly what those Model 5-shaped sirens in Sacramento actually are? These only seem to be found in California.
From what I've heard, they're Decots. I saw some pictures somewhere of where they were installing them in Sacramento (black & white photos), and they have the typical dual rows of long ports, like that of a Decot. If I find those photos again, I'll post them here.
I thought they were Scream master sirens.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: Sacremento

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Duderocks5539 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:14 pm
[snip]
Those are scream-Master sirens...

I don't mean to sound rude or bossy but... Look at the date of the thread.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”