carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Ok, I thought the Calhoun Hall T-128 started up a little late in the minute, and it’s test only lasted about 2 minutes. I could hear at least one other T-128 for a couple minutes after this one stopped. That explains everything.

Interestingly, I could clearly hear some 2001s from Northern Kentucky wind up at 11:59.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Kentuckysirens
YouTube Username: Sirensofcincinnati

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:14 pm
Ok, I thought the Calhoun Hall T-128 started up a little late in the minute, and it’s test only lasted about 2 minutes. I could hear at least one other T-128 for a couple minutes after this one stopped. That explains everything.

Interestingly, I could clearly hear some 2001s from Northern Kentucky wind up at 11:59.
That would be Covington most likely, my friend's father heard the highland heights 2001SRN activate. I can confirm Boone didn't activate.

SIRENMAN

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 am

EMA has put out new testing parameters and they are only blowing the sirens on test for a minute or less, therefore a person will know the difference between a test and an actual alert for a tornado. Some information should be coming out about this later.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:05 pm

If somebody doesn't know the siren schedule I don't think they'll know what the difference between one minute and three minutes is. Also kind of counter-intuitive. If you are outside and you somehow happen to know the meaning between 1 and a full blasts.. you will literally be waiting a minute to realize it isn't a test. Just seems odd to shorten it to a minute for confusion.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

SIRENMAN

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 pm

December 6th Siren Test Day all sirens will be tested as a system and not in zones. They will sound for 1 minute and then cancelled.

carexpertandy

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm

My report: Most sirens around me seemed to cut off after the full minute. What’s really strange was the T-128 at Galbraith & Winton ran a little bit longer, and the tone seemed to drop a few seconds before it cut off.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

SIRENMAN

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks I will report that to Dave at EMA

carexpertandy

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:41 pm

I just want to say I've been noticing these Hamilton County EMA stickers appear on the control boxes where the ASC logo stickers would normally go. I think that's neat.

Imaget128 controls by carexpertandy, on Flickr

SIRENMAN

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:30 am

Tomorrow is January 3rd and the test date for the sirens in Hamilton County Ohio. The test has been cancelled for January. Thank you

carexpertandy

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Cancelled for these freezing temperatures? What’s the temperature cutoff to not activate the sirens?

Return to “Community Systems”