tbolt 1003
Allegan county

141 N Main St, Plainwell
Whelen and restored model 5
Allegan county

172 E Main St, Carson City, MI, United States
Mystery siren please check it out and get back to me
Montcalm county

Thats all I've got time for tonight. I know more locations and will finish them tommarow.
Well, my general rule for 2001's are unless it's a strange install, then i'll go, but if not, not worth the trip.
Thanks for those locations, I may go there later this year
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

fedsigtbolt

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:01 am

There is also 2 sirens located in Grand Ledge by the fire department
at 500 N Clinton St Grand Ledge, MI 48837
They have an ACA Allertor125 and a Denver siren.

If you go here could you please please please get pictures of the Denver Siren?

Here is the location for the siren in Pewamo Michigan

105 S State St
Pewamo, MI 48873
Thunderbeam

If you are having trouble locating any sirens in the area E-mail me at [email protected]
Just because I said so Dosen't mean do it! Wait what?

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:03 am

fedsigtbolt wrote:172 E Main St, Carson City, MI, United States
Mystery siren please check it out and get back to me
Montcalm county
Looks like a Erick siren to me, since the motor is direct coupled to the stator, instead of using a shaft and coupling like the Decots did. Also really shows how big those things really are. :shock:
-Ian M.

stormnut44
New User

Re: Michigan Siren Location Maps- A work in Progress

Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks for putting these up!

I'm a Canadian who now lives in Battle Creek, MI. Always been fascinated with tornadoes.

I wish they had a siren up in Bedford township of Calhoun county. The closest one is at the Urbandale school. Been living here for almost 2 years now and this was the first time I heard sirens. Up till now, I thought I wouldn't be able to hear the Urbandale siren. I'm about 4 miles north of it on Waubascon Road near Crandall. I thought I heard two sirens this time too. I am guessing that the other was the one at N. Washington near Vineyard in Battle Creek.

I have a strong argument for needed a siren here in Bedford township. We had a pretty close call last year on June 13, 2015. I watched the hook echo as it came into Bedford township from Barry county. I don't think there are any sirens in southeast Barry county. I am only about a quarter mile from the Barry/Calhoun county line.

Hopefully you can soon add a siren map for Barry and Kalamazoo counties!

Thanks!

lkreykes

Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:33 pm

stormnut44 wrote:Thanks for putting these up!

I'm a Canadian who now lives in Battle Creek, MI. Always been fascinated with tornadoes.

I wish they had a siren up in Bedford township of Calhoun county. The closest one is at the Urbandale school. Been living here for almost 2 years now and this was the first time I heard sirens. Up till now, I thought I wouldn't be able to hear the Urbandale siren. I'm about 4 miles north of it on Waubascon Road near Crandall. I thought I heard two sirens this time too. I am guessing that the other was the one at N. Washington near Vineyard in Battle Creek.

I have a strong argument for needed a siren here in Bedford township. We had a pretty close call last year on June 13, 2015. I watched the hook echo as it came into Bedford township from Barry county. I don't think there are any sirens in southeast Barry county. I am only about a quarter mile from the Barry/Calhoun county line.

Thanks!
I have a pretty substantial map of BC's system. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
There are more on the system and as I find more I'll keep adding them. So you heard the sirens yesterday? It has been somewhat of a topic as to whether or not they test throughout the winter. Always good to have more siren enthusiasts in Battle Creek! I love their system.
im scared

Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:45 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16KzDM ... sp=sharing

If this helps at all, here's a map of Branch County's sirens.
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

LukeH

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:23 pm

stormnut44 wrote:Thanks for putting these up!

Thanks!
There is a model 2 in Bedford on top of the fire station tower. There's also aboyt a dozen Modulators at the Air Force base, an Sth-10 at the VA hospital, two or 3 rotational ATI's and a couple 2001's amd Thunderbeams scatterd around. Also the Thunderbolt ontop of the high rise in down town BC.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

lkreykes

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Remingtoncountry wrote: There is a model 2 in Bedford on top of the fire station tower. There's also aboyt a dozen Modulators at the Air Force base, an Sth-10 at the VA hospital, two or 3 rotational ATI's and a couple 2001's amd Thunderbeams scatterd around. Also the Thunderbolt ontop of the high rise in down town BC.
Where at the VA hospital is the STH-10? Also the 2001s are solely east of BC in Ceresco and Marshall, there are none within the city limits.

I also have a map of Kzoo county.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
Last edited by lkreykes on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
im scared

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:15 am

Just to add some for the Upper Peninsula with the ATI HPSS-32R's and RE-1600's in Menominee:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 00001&z=14

lkreykes

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 am

MKEsignal135 wrote:Just to add some for the Upper Peninsula with the ATI HPSS-32R's and RE-1600's in Menominee:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... 74831&z=13
Working on them right now! I also found a 2001 in Hannahville, I'm assuming there are more.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CB8eJ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by lkreykes on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
im scared

Return to “Siren Maps”