User avatar
kswx29
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 3106
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:30 am
Location: Topeka/Shawnee County, Kansas
Contact: AOL

Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:16 am

Westmoreland, Kansas
Not in use anymore.
Image
Photo: Google Maps

Riley, Kansas
Unknown if still in use.
Image
Photo: Google Maps
Last edited by kswx29 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

User avatar
md5
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 am
Real Name: Brett
YouTube Username: bctrainers
IRC Username: bc
Location: Olathe, KS
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am

Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
--bc

User avatar
kswx29
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 3106
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:30 am
Location: Topeka/Shawnee County, Kansas
Contact: AOL

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:01 am

md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

User avatar
md5
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 am
Real Name: Brett
YouTube Username: bctrainers
IRC Username: bc
Location: Olathe, KS
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 am

2t22boy wrote:
md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Ah, not too bad. Too far of a drive from here to that part of Kansas with the gas prices and all... :?

Just wait until Google posts up the Greensburg KS Streetview. You'll be stunned.
--bc

cauberallies
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:12 am

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:44 am

I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.



EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

User avatar
Federal Signal fan
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 708
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Bourbonnais, IL

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

User avatar
Rheems1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:31 pm
Real Name: Dave Fritz
Location: Dover, Pa
Contact: Website

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:40 am

cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.



EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?


Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.

User avatar
kswx29
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 3106
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:30 am
Location: Topeka/Shawnee County, Kansas
Contact: AOL

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:14 am

Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
Location: Rexford, Kansas
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 000643570/
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

User avatar
Archon
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1821
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:37 pm
Real Name: Joe
Location: Milwaukee Wisconsin

Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:27 am

2t22boy wrote:Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
Location: Rexford, Kansas
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 000643570/


It is a Sterling"N"

User avatar
NanSiren
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Austin, MN

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.



EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?


Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.
Yeah, me too.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Siren Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests