Post your Mystery Sirens here.

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
kswx29

Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Post by kswx29 » June 11th, 2008, 2:16 am

Westmoreland, Kansas
Not in use anymore.
Photo: Google Maps

Riley, Kansas
Unknown if still in use.
Photo: Google Maps
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers
IRC Username: bc

Post by md5 » June 11th, 2008, 2:37 am

Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
--bc

kswx29

Post by kswx29 » June 11th, 2008, 3:01 am

md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers
IRC Username: bc

Post by md5 » June 11th, 2008, 3:33 am

2t22boy wrote:
md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Ah, not too bad. Too far of a drive from here to that part of Kansas with the gas prices and all... :?

Just wait until Google posts up the Greensburg KS Streetview. You'll be stunned.
--bc

cauberallies

Post by cauberallies » June 20th, 2008, 3:44 am

I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

Federal Signal fan

Post by Federal Signal fan » June 20th, 2008, 8:00 pm

So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Rheems1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rheems1 » July 2nd, 2008, 9:40 pm

cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.

kswx29

Post by kswx29 » August 2nd, 2008, 4:14 am

Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99491151@N ... 000643570/
Youtube | Flickr

Archon

Post by Archon » August 2nd, 2008, 5:27 am

2t22boy wrote:Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99491151@N ... 000643570/

It is a Sterling"N"

NanSiren

Post by NanSiren » August 5th, 2008, 11:07 am

Rheems1 wrote:
cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.
Yeah, me too.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann
IRC Username: Oldiesmann

Post by Oldiesmann » August 5th, 2008, 11:45 am

Federal Signal Modulator perhaps?
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

cauberallies

Post by cauberallies » November 16th, 2008, 2:15 am

Oldiesmann wrote:

Federal Signal Modulator perhaps?

Nope. I think I would recognize a modulator. I have the picture now.

I definitely remember you, Dave. I used to talk to you when I was like 12. I totally forget what my moniker was at the time, but its Marcus from Altoona, if you recall.

And also, I own/operate a recording studio now, so I have the means to make high quality siren recordings. But, as we both know, "test days" are few and far between in Pennsylvania. I'd definitely be down to drive an hour or two to catch something significant, or a dual tone Thunderbolt, since I have never heard a Tbolt in person. I have never even heard a siren with a minor third dual tone. Dang. I need to get on that.

Does anyone know of any test days/times within an hour or so of Blair county, PA?

kswx29

Post by kswx29 » November 18th, 2008, 2:22 am

Youtube | Flickr

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JasonC » November 18th, 2008, 3:17 am

2t22boy wrote:Is this even a siren?
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM4CF9
No, its a light.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2008, 1:43 pm

If it is a light, why is it mounted so high above the roofline, and why is it attached to a square-topped pole mount? Perhaps it is a Model 3 with a chimney cap on it.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.