ARCHIVED: Mystery Sirens (2008-3/2021)

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:16 am

Westmoreland, Kansas
Not in use anymore.
Photo: Google Maps

Riley, Kansas
Unknown if still in use.
Photo: Google Maps
Last edited by kswx29 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am

Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
--bc

kswx29

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:01 am

md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 am

2t22boy wrote:
md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Ah, not too bad. Too far of a drive from here to that part of Kansas with the gas prices and all... :?

Just wait until Google posts up the Greensburg KS Streetview. You'll be stunned.
--bc

cauberallies

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:44 am

I have some poopoo cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

Federal Signal fan

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Rheems1

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:40 am

cauberallies wrote:I have some poopoo cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.

kswx29

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:14 am

Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99491151@N ... 000643570/
Youtube | Flickr

Archon

Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:27 am

2t22boy wrote:Does anyone know what this siren is? (Located on right)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99491151@N ... 000643570/

It is a Sterling"N"

NanSiren

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
cauberallies wrote:I have some poopoo cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.
Yeah, me too.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”