EOWS812

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Here in Uxbridge, the ESsirens are tested every first tuesday of the month at 1pm, Allert for 3 minutes, and then Hi-Lo for 1. The castle castings siren is sounded after the ESsirens as the ES sirens would shatter the Castle Castings, only doing 109db and the ES doing 129db (@100ft)

Robert Gift

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:27 pm

EOWS812 wrote:Here in Uxbridge, the ESsirens are tested every first tuesday of the month at 1pm, Allert for 3 minutes, and then Hi-Lo for 1. The castle castings siren is sounded after the ESsirens as the ES sirens would shatter the Castle Castings, only doing 109db and the ES doing 129db (@100ft)
Is ES electronic loudspeaker siren?
I'd much rather hear yours.
Are these tornado warning sirens?
Have you ever had a tornado?
Or are they sirens to inform the public to turn on their radios for information about terrorist attacks, chemical spills, etc.?

EOWS812

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Robert Gift wrote:
EOWS812 wrote:Here in Uxbridge, the ESsirens are tested every first tuesday of the month at 1pm, Allert for 3 minutes, and then Hi-Lo for 1. The castle castings siren is sounded after the ESsirens as the ES sirens would shatter the Castle Castings, only doing 109db and the ES doing 129db (@100ft)
Is ES electronic loudspeaker siren?
I'd much rather hear yours.
Are these tornado warning sirens?
Have you ever had a tornado?
Or are they sirens to inform the public to turn on their radios for information about terrorist attacks, chemical spills, etc.?
Yes, its a loudspeaker siren. And no their not for tornados, we've only had one tornado, but it was 7 miles away. It's mainly for floods, catastrophes e.t.c. You can download some audio from the Klaxon site, it might sound quite un-realistic, but thats what it sounds like. PS, the hi-lo (flood) signal isnt used as the same one on the website.

SirenMadness

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:33 pm

I think that an ES is allot like a Hormann ECN unit, from what I remember, with the same general speaker cones and drivers, though the tones might be different.

I don't know about tornado warnings, but flood warnings are pretty widely used in England, correct? Tornadoes can happen almost everywhere.
~ Peter Radanovic

EOWS812

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:34 pm

SirenMadness wrote:I think that an ES is allot like a Hormann ECN unit, from what I remember, with the same general speaker cones and drivers, though the tones might be different.

I don't know about tornado warnings, but flood warnings are pretty widely used in England, correct? Tornadoes can happen almost everywhere.
1. Yeah, i think so
2. Yep, floods happen very often in the spring and winter.

EOWS812

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm

There is a youtube recording of one in germany http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu_u4WaOqwoy

AllSafe

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 pm

2t22boy wrote:
ver tum wrote:
2t22boy wrote:Douglas County, KS: First Monday of Month (First and Third March-Aug.) at 12noon, Alert and Attack.
Jefferson County, KS: First Monday of Month at 12noon (March-Oct.)
Johnson County, KS: First Wed. of Month at 11:00 (Except Dec and Jan.)
Shawnee County, KS: Every Monday at 12noon, Weather Permiting. (Year-round.)

Uses:
Douglas and Jefferson County: Tornado
Johnson and Shawnee: Attack/National Emergency and Tornadoes.
Does Wichita test their sirens every Monday at noon?
Sirens in Sedgwick County (Wichita) are tested every Monday at noon. Except some sirens owned by some smaller communities who sound their siren(s) for a daily sounding.
I do know that Valley Center and Maize test their sirens every Monday at noon.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

ZombieSlayer127

YouTube Username: ThatTechDude

Re: Siren Testing Schedule

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:43 am

Madison County, IL
Sirens tested first tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. weather permitting. Where i live has a system composed of only 2 whelen vortexes.
Lives less than a mile away from a siren.

MIKEY

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Wichita falls TX, Electra TX, and Archer City Texas. First Mondays at noon.

siren_face2000

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 am

Aberdeen, SD consists of mostly 2001s with an EOWS (not sure which model) and surprisingly enough the sirens are activated at 6 PM each week on Wednesday throughout the summer at 6 PM, and it's just a 30 second blast.

I just moved to Aberdeen, SD because Mobridge, SD was such a small town, and not enough to do.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”