siren fan

siren installation companies

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:42 am

Are there any companies out there that specifically install outdoor warning sirens or do the manufacturers do it? I've always wanted to apply for a position as an installer.

Unit of Civil Defense

Re: siren installation companies

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:40 pm

....Here in this part of Tornado alley, it's Blue Valley out of Grain Valley, Missouri that does the major installs as well as they service what they sell....they did the "new" system here in Shawnee Co. Kansas a few years back.
I would suggest to anyone interested in this field of occupation either an electricians course at your local tech school / college or taking classes thru an electrical workers union labor school....either way your Mathematical skills need to be above average, especially for anyone going the labor union school route.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Many of these companies also install indoor systems such as fire and security monitoring and other safety devices. An electrical degree, carpentry skills and experience with security systems would go a long way to securing an employment position. Computer skills as well. Last would be a willingness to do low man on the totem pole work. You may have to start low and work your way up. Good luck.

siren fan

Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”