Tboltfan77!!!

How to adjust Thunderbolt 1003A Chopper and Blower and replace high note solenoid.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi everyone I'm A HUGE siren fan and wondering if someone can give me a good explanation other than the manual. I'm wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get a solenoid for the high note and also how to switch the blower and chopper levels. ANY video or any info this would be greatly appreciated thanks a million!

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: How to adjust Thunderbolt 1003A Chopper and Blower and replace high note solenoid.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Tboltfan77!!! wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:49 pm
Hi everyone I'm A HUGE siren fan and wondering if someone can give me a good explanation other than the manual. I'm wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get a solenoid for the high note and also how to switch the blower and chopper levels. ANY video or any info this would be greatly appreciated thanks a million!
Both solenoids for both ports are the same make, it's just that one's mounted higher than the other one. Whether the company's still in buisness is something I don't know.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: How to adjust Thunderbolt 1003A Chopper and Blower and replace high note solenoid.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 pm

According to the manual, adjust the rotor/chopper speed you need to change the rotor/chopper's terminal lead's position from a scale of 1-7 whereas 7 being the maximal rotor speed and 1 the lowest.
Screenshot_81.png
Screenshot_81.png (244.11 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Screenshot_80.png
Screenshot_80.png (113.91 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Note that you cannot set the blower motor's speed.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”