lb2234

YouTube Username: LB2234 // NebraskaWX

SE Nebraska Noon Blast Help

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey guys, I was looking to find some towns in SE Nebraska that do noon blasts with their sirens. Have any of you heard of towns that conduct noon blasts? I heard a rumor that Crete, NE does but i'm not too sure. TIA.

RRSPYT

YouTube Username: Railroad Sign Productions

Re: SE Nebraska Noon Blast Help

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:12 pm

This is pretty late, but I can tell you about Butler County (okay, not really SE Nebraska but more East-central).

David City: FS2001 (at the fire station), Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Bellwood: FS200, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Rising City: FS2001, FS Model 2, FS Model 5, FS Eclipse 8 (not sure if only one is sounded or a mixture of the four), Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Ulysses: FS3T22, Noon and 6:00pm blasts Monday-Saturday

Brainerd: Sentry 3v8, Noon and 6:00pm blasts Monday-Saturday

Dwight: FS2001, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Bruno: Darley Model 2 or ACA Screamer, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Abie: STH-10, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Linwood: FS2001, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Suprise: FS2001, Noon blasts Monday-Saturday

Garrison: Darley 3v8, Noon blast on Saturdays only (I'm the one that does them when I'm around, but since I'm in college it doesn't get blown every weekend)

All the towns in Butler county do noon blasts daily Monday-Saturday except for Garrison, at least as far as I know. The Volunteer Fire Department dispatch in David City does pager tests daily at noon and 6:00pm, and the sirens in most communities of the county do short noon blasts in connection with that. Hopefully this information will be helpful to you even though it's four years late!
Owner of a MS-590, operator of a Darley 3v8 fire station siren.

saunders204

Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Gotta ask since you might know, does Butler do monthly alert and/or attack?

Unit of Civil Defense

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:14 am

It's not noon, but its South East Neb........
Auburn, Ne. 10 A.M Monday (I'm usually rolling thru there about this time on Mondays) Siren located some where in the down town area.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

flatlandsparky

Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:08 am

Unit of Civil Defense wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:14 am
It's not noon, but its South East Neb........
Auburn, Ne. 10 A.M Monday (I'm usually rolling thru there about this time on Mondays) Siren located some where in the down town area.
Is it the 2t22 or a 2001. Nebraska map shows 3 2001s and the 2t22.

Unit of Civil Defense

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:10 pm

I'll try and be of some help here......
I took one of my weather radars down to street level (easiest for me).....
There is a city park located 1 blk North of where highways 136 and 75 intersect....in the city it would be located on the N.E corner of 11th & J street....it sounds like it is coming from the park or some where adjacent to the park.
I stop at the convenience store located on the N.W corner of 9th and J street for a restroom break or to get some thing to drink often and it sounds like it is coming from the S.E of that location. Have been in a van and have been in the drive thru at the Sonic located directly across the street West from the park and it sounds like it is closely due East of the Sonic.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

flatlandsparky

Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:38 am

Unit of Civil Defense wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:10 pm
I'll try and be of some help here......
I took one of my weather radars down to street level (easiest for me).....
There is a city park located 1 blk North of where highways 136 and 75 intersect....in the city it would be located on the N.E corner of 11th & J street....it sounds like it is coming from the park or some where adjacent to the park.
I stop at the convenience store located on the N.W corner of 9th and J street for a restroom break or to get some thing to drink often and it sounds like it is coming from the S.E of that location. Have been in a van and have been in the drive thru at the Sonic located directly across the street West from the park and it sounds like it is closely due East of the Sonic.
There is a 2001-SRN near 10th and N street, east of the store you mentioned. I see nothing on the map in or around the park, but ill do some looking. Does it sound like a 2001?

Unit of Civil Defense

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 am

......there could be some ambiance involved with me thinking that is near by to the East or South East when its 3 to 4 blocks to the West.....that very well could be it....there are some buildings adjacent to the Sonic and the store that could be bouncing the sound around some.
As far as sounding like a 2001 or not I'm afraid I'm not much help as I cant listen to a siren and tell you what it is unless its a Federal Q
....Lifes great, I'm 58

RRSPYT

YouTube Username: Railroad Sign Productions

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:27 am

saunders204 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:15 pm
Gotta ask since you might know, does Butler do monthly alert and/or attack?
As far as I know, none of the towns in Butler County have a regular test schedule for alert or attack. The sirens are mostly used for fire calls and the occasional tornado warning.

In fact, David City had not tested their sirens for over a year (excluding the one at the fire station that does noon blasts and fire calls) up until this past August. They had gotten lazy and forgot to test, or just didn't think about it, until a pretty nasty severe storm came through. Shortly after that, they tested most them at least once, because the horns on all but one of the 2001s had changed directions.

My grandma is friends with a man on the rural fire board for Butler County, and after that storm he asked her if Garrison's siren still worked. The reason he asked her this is because the Darley 3v8 in Garrison doesn't have a radio and has to be manually sounded. My grandpa was the one who used to test it on Saturdays with a noon blast but he died last fall, so the man on the fire board wanted to make sure that it was still being tested.
Owner of a MS-590, operator of a Darley 3v8 fire station siren.

Return to “Community Systems”