Air Raid

Re: B&M model 20-AR-7

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 am

I just went out and checked the motor RPM, it is: 3600 RPM. Also, thanks to the guy that sent the B&M data sheet, I have two of those data sheets that are in color that came out of the B&M office files that were sent to me 14 years ago as they didn't have any further use for that info. I will try to get some photos here in the next two or three days, the siren is in my garage and not real warm in there to work, down to 14 degrees here at night-

Air Raid

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 pm

I hope this weekend to have enough time to complete assembling the two large covers over each section of this siren. I am going to see if I can apply some missing CD yellow paint to places where it is missing...will try to get photos posted by Monday-

Air Raid

Re: B&M model 20-AR-7 and ABCO siren

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:26 am

Tomorrow (Saturday) I am going to try and finish my work on the B&M 20-AR-7..Looking my garage I found a small siren I bought years ago and just set aside, I think it is 6 Volt. Front of siren has a type of scroll with large letters ABCO, anyone know anything about this siren?
Thanks

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:18 pm

I've heard of the ABCO siren, but I have no info on it. Here a fellow collector does a small test of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-AyuGDmeAs
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Air Raid

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks for the sending the info on the ABCO, it sounds just like a siren! On a different subject, at some point I am probably going to be selling a lot of my stuff, including the ABCO and the B&M 20-AR-7 Air Raid siren. I just turned 75 and probably time to let go of some of this stuff-

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Did you get any photos of it?
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Air Raid

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hello, I have not taken any photos yet. My plan was to reinstall both section covers and both end air intakes and then repaint with CD yellow again.
Since getting started on this I developed some medical problems and that has slowed me down considerably. It is supposed to be 6 degrees here tonight
so it is cold in my shop. Hang on a little longer and I will get some photos taken and posted. My camera took a dump and now will only take higher resolution
photos, I don't know if this site has a limit on the size of posted photos..so you know? If no limit I will be taking some photos soon-

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, or bump a slightly old topic, but did you ever go out to take photos of the B&M and ABCO?
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Air Raid

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello, I have working on mounting the two covers on the B&M and am now finding out the metal structure is made of hardened steel which I can't drill or tap with the tools I own. I contacted a machinist who lives close by and he is planning on coming over today to see what I have and present some options. The two section covers on the B&M were mounted by tapped holes in the metal structure, the county maintenance people broke off the fastener heads to remove the covers before I arrived to take possession of the siren....wasn't planning on this. Since I have been promising to take a photo, I will take a photo as it is and post here sometime today...Merry Christmas

Air Raid

Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:25 am

Photo of the B&M without the two covers. Siren will look completely different when both covers are installed. This photo may be too big to post on this forum.

https://www.thesirenboard.com/forums/do ... ew&id=5958

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”