Bdesantis5632

YouTube Username: RailYardWarrior

Audio files?

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Yesterday I tested my EOWS 612 siren, and I do not have a controller. I was playing a YouTube video though my iPod instead. I do not have the money or space for a proper SiraTone controller, and WSS scrapped all of theirs. Does anyone know where I can find any original SiraTone signals? Preferably wail, dual wail, and alternate wail. Thanks!
Proud owner of the Sheldon Park EOWS 612 and two Thunderbolts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd0_8j ... subscriber

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Audio files?

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 pm

You don't have to use a SiraTone. If you can get one, an MC3012 controller would work just fine. It is designed for the Modulator 3012 and EOWS 612 anyway.

As for audio files, you can get some software located in the off topic subforum which will contain single tone signals, such as wail, steady, chimes and air horn. Hi|Lo and alternate wail are also available on the software, but you'll need a windows computer to run it. Keep in mind that they are only 30 seconds long. EOWS chimes are available on the software as well.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Bdesantis5632

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
You don't have to use a SiraTone. If you can get one, an MC3012 controller would work just fine. It is designed for the Modulator 3012 and EOWS 612 anyway.

As for audio files, you can get some software located in the off topic subforum which will contain single tone signals, such as wail, steady, chimes and air horn. Hi|Lo and alternate wail are also available on the software, but you'll need a windows computer to run it. Keep in mind that they are only 30 seconds long. EOWS chimes are available on the software as well.
Not sure if I can get one of those, but fortunately I do have a friend with a controller like that. I can't bring over a massive controller once every month though. Is there any demo sounds or at least high quality recordings/synths I can find?

Chem_Boffin_6589

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Bdesantis5632 wrote:
Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:

Not sure if I can get one of those, but fortunately I do have a friend with a controller like that. I can't bring over a massive controller once every month though. Is there any demo sounds or at least high quality recordings/synths I can find?
I know that friend you're talking about ;)
As for the synths, I don't think there are any good ones.
Alfie Woolard

Bdesantis5632

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:35 am

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:20 pm
Bdesantis5632 wrote:
Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:

I know that friend you're talking about ;)
As for the synths, I don't think there are any good ones.
lol. If there are no synths are there any other decent non-siratone sounds I can find anywhere? I'm using a few really good synths of the chime as well as ESC-864 tones at the moment. Just looking for something a little more accurate

Chem_Boffin_6589

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 pm

I will add that your friend's MC controller will work with your 612 and if you put the time and effort into it, you can make it rotate with that controller. After all, it was mated with Brighton Twp.'s EOWS 612. The controller is designed for both the Modulator 3012 and EOWS 612.
Alfie Woolard

Bdesantis5632

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 pm
I will add that your friend's MC controller will work with your 612 and if you put the time and effort into it, you can make it rotate with that controller. After all, it was mated with Brighton Twp.'s EOWS 612. The controller is designed for both the Modulator 3012 and EOWS 612.
We did talk about that and agreed to set up the controller to the 612 someday in the near future

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:37 am

I can make you synths of Alert, Hi-lo, and pulse.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”