Alburnett2T22
YouTube Username: LinkSmokes420
Discord: Alburnett2T22

Are there any siren "graveyards" around Iowa?

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:21 am

I am really really curious right now of where there is a siren junkyard around Iowa.
Is there? I'm trying to know where there is one so when I'm able to start driving, I would go to that siren junkyard and look around, then in the future,
I could pick up one.
I'm looking all over google maps but I give up, I have no idea if there is one :\ :\ :\
Proud-ish owner of a sh*tbox CLM 92729DP

connerdstines

Re: Are there any siren "graveyards" around Iowa?

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:54 am

No one will tell you locations for reasons that are obvious if you search the board enough. West Shore Services in Michigan is your best bet, and unlike city-owned lots(which most siren graveyards are), they are friendly to siren enthusiasts stalking around, with permission of course.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 am

No. The only one I knew of was an electrical contractor that had a few thunderbolts and STH-10s that had a contract with DAEC to work on their Whelens, but he got rid of them 5 years ago. Your best bet is driving around to some small towns. If they have a new siren, chances are they have an old one that was just replaced. Or, you can make the trip to WSS.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Alburnett2T22

Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:09 am

Crazywarriorman wrote:No. The only one I knew of was an electrical contractor that had a few thunderbolts and STH-10s that had a contract with DAEC to work on their Whelens, but he got rid of them 5 years ago. Your best bet is driving around to some small towns. If they have a new siren, chances are they have an old one that was just replaced. Or, you can make the trip to WSS.
Ok, because I found a whelen laying flat on it's pole in the middle of a field.
BTW, I'm trying to figure out something about a 4004 near me, I literally live 5 minutes away from a 4004, located on 29th Ave & 10th Street, On the old Whelen 3016, the control box was labeled "34-E"
It's still labelled "34-E" On the 4004, do you know what 34-E means? Like is that the control box's model name or something?

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:23 pm

That most likely just the siren's number in the system as a whole. I would assume that's the number used in the mapping software.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 am

TheFatTurd wrote:
Crazywarriorman wrote:No. The only one I knew of was an electrical contractor that had a few thunderbolts and STH-10s that had a contract with DAEC to work on their Whelens, but he got rid of them 5 years ago. Your best bet is driving around to some small towns. If they have a new siren, chances are they have an old one that was just replaced. Or, you can make the trip to WSS.
Ok, because I found a whelen laying flat on it's pole in the middle of a field.
BTW, I'm trying to figure out something about a 4004 near me, I literally live 5 minutes away from a 4004, located on 29th Ave & 10th Street, On the old Whelen 3016, the control box was labeled "34-E"
It's still labelled "34-E" On the 4004, do you know what 34-E means? Like is that the control box's model name or something?
Where did you happen to see that? Was it a DAEC siren? Also, what 4J said is most likely correct.

Some_3t22s
Discord: Devvendorf#5542

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 am

TheFatTurd wrote:I am really really curious right now of where there is a siren junkyard around Iowa.
Is there? I'm trying to know where there is one so when I'm able to start driving, I would go to that siren junkyard and look around, then in the future,
I could pick up one.
I'm looking all over google maps but I give up, I have no idea if there is one :\ :\ :\
Honestly, me also being in Iowa, would too like to know if there are any graveyards too.
Iowan citizen in a land of T-128s, 2001s and 4004/4008s among many others.

"The middle class worker wouldn't want to work on a whole bridge, a half bridge is much easier."
-Jack

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Alburnett2T22

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Some_3t22s wrote:
TheFatTurd wrote:I am really really curious right now of where there is a siren junkyard around Iowa.
I could pick up one.
Honestly, me also being in Iowa, would too like to know if there are any graveyards too.
Well, either WSS or search around a bunch of electrical contractors, scrap yards or contact the DAEC.

Some_3t22s
Discord: Devvendorf#5542

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 am

TheFatTurd wrote:
Some_3t22s wrote:
I could pick up one.
Well, either WSS or search around a bunch of electrical contractors, scrap yards or contact the DAEC.
Hmm...OK.
Iowan citizen in a land of T-128s, 2001s and 4004/4008s among many others.

"The middle class worker wouldn't want to work on a whole bridge, a half bridge is much easier."
-Jack

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”